Beiträge von gavrilog

Hi. I had the same issue as lazyone and ran omv-update and all ran well but at the end itshowed the following:

The following packages will be upgraded:
    openmediavault plexmediaserver
    2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock directory /var/cache/apt/archives/

Is this ok? It does not look ok!

Any advice?

I am in the process of upgrading my system after a couple years of using OMV on my old re-purposed PC.

I am looking at the following for my system:
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+
    CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera 8-Core 3.5GHz
    Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

Note: I already have 4 - 3TD Western Digital RED HDD in an array.

I will mostly be using PLEX to view movies and TV series and i will be using SABNZB, Sickbeard and Couch Potato to get theses.

I will be sending these movies to Xbox 360 controllers attached to my TV's around the house. So I may be transcoding 2-3 movies at the same time.

Will this proposed system do the job for now and more importantly for the next 3-5 years?

Any suggestions and advice would be most welcome!

Ok thanks!

Hi tekkb, my CPU is an AMD Athalon 64 3500+

On the Webgui, my system info show 100% CPU usage all the time. There is one process that uses 78% of the CPU.
    This is the process:
    /sbin/mdadm --monitor --pid-file /run/mdadm/monitor.pid --daemonise --scan --syslog

Is this normal?

Hi,

Yes I did.But it would not apply the first couple of times so I uninstalled the plugin then reinstalled and rebooted before trying again. This time it worked. Thanks for your reply.

Question about Plex? Does it use a lot of memory? I have 4 Gigs on my box, seems a bit slow!

I get get the following error message when I hit the apply button!

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf plexmediaserver 2>&1': chown: cannot access `/var/lib/plexmediaserver': No such file or directory' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc:44
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(180): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->applyConfig()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #9 {main}

Any help would be appreciated.

ryecoaaron,

Not sure what KM0201 was getting on about but your advice did help me out!

Extplorer is now working fine. It did give me an error message initially but I had to enable Nginx first before it would work for me. Now it is working fine it seems.
    I installed all the plugins that I needed and no I did not install all of them! One thing I did notice is that the webgui did hang a few times when applying the changes, so I did a reboot and all was well.

Again thanks for all your help!

Thank you very much ryecoaaron! That did it.

I thought I tried that but perhaps I did not do it right.

So now I can find all the plugins like Sickbeard, Couchpotato, etc?

Thanks again for your help!

I am having a problem installing the omvextrasorg plugin.

I get the following message and there seems to be a dependency problem.

root@openmediavault:/# dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb
    Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-omvextrasorg.
    (Reading database ... 40854 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking openmediavault-omvextrasorg (from openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb) ...
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-omvextrasorg:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on apt-transport-https; however:
    Package apt-transport-https is not installed.

dpkg: error processing openmediavault-omvextrasorg (--install):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg

How do I resolve this problem? I updated from 0.5 to 1.8 yesterday using the update process.