Beiträge von Arparso

Stumbled across this thread via search and just wanted to add my 2 cents with regards to this feature:

In my case, the automatic port selection conflicted with a Docker container that was already using port 5900. When I start the VM manually, it works fine because it selects 5901 and 5902 for VNC and Spice. However, when using autostart, it selects 5900 for VNC, which makes the Docker container fail.

Either way, I need to reconfigure either the Docker container or change the ports on the VM. Of course, the latter is possible through XML editing, but I was still surprised to see no easier method in the plugin's UI. The ports are displayed in the VM list, so I did sort of expect to see a "change port" or "edit" button or something. Or maybe to set an "allowed" range of ports, so I can better avoid these conflicts in the future.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, just a usability nitpick.

I'm running OMV on my Banana Pi and have multiple USB drives connected to it. When I disconnect one of the drives and later connect it again, I have to mount the file system again through the WebUI. I'd like this to be automatic: plugin the drive and the system automatically mounts the file system to be accessible again. Is there any way to achieve that and if there is, then how exactly?

Additionally the mounting of the file system through the WebUI sometimes fails, because "device is busy". Is this because some user or process is accessing the share right now, so the file system can't be mounted to it? Is there a way to mount regardless of that error? Right now only a reboot of OMV seems to work, which takes a bit too long for my taste. :(