Beiträge von nas_noob

Hello all,
    Im new to this whole nas experience. I have a lot of media... TBs of music (im a club dj) and 4TBs of movies/tv shows. Ive always just shared my media from a windows homegroup but things have gotten messy and id like to centrallize everything.
    Ive setup OMV in virtual box using win7 ultimate as the host. Things are running really well right now with this test environment that has 40GB.
    There wasnt a tremendous amount of setup, but id rather not have to re-do everything on a baremetal setup, so Im curious... does it make any sense at all to attach a couple 2TB virtual drives and use it as my everyday nas? Is this a common practice? It seems as though everyone runs virtualbox inside OMV and not the other way around.
    I would love to hear your thoughts on this setup and what kind of reliability and flexibility i can expect.

Thanks, i really appreciate your help.
    Ive followed your steps and with some experimentation its working...but only on the host machine. I can access the webui etc on the host PC, but not on any other PCs connected to the network. Same with my smb shares. Theyre available and accessible on the host PC but not on the network...kinda defeating the purpose of the nas.
    This is clearly related to the .56 subnet so again, im kind of lost with that part. Do you think i should change the virtualbox settings to make the host adapter 192.168.0.xxx, or will that essenially create two dhcp servers on my network causing even more heaadache?

i added a NAt adaptor, and now i can no longer access the webui.
    Its weird, because i took a snapshot before i made the changes, and when i revert to the snapshot, i still cant access the webui.
    I also installed owncloud before the snapshot without restarting so that could have broke it as well.
    help?

edit: update-rc.d -f apache2 remove
    fixed the issue.

Hello all.
    Im new to linux (i know nothing) and nas servers in general like alot of users here. Im loving the functionality of omv so far and I know Ive barely scratched the surface.
    Anyway, i have OMV 1.7 set up in virtualbox on a Win7 ultimate host.
    Couch potato, Sickbeard & Sabnzbd have all been installed, configured and are working well. The Win7 host is running Private Internet Access (VPN service) for the occasional torrent. I incorrectly assumed that my Virtual OMV would also utilize PIA by default, but after running a traceroute, this does not seem to be the case when the default ReakTek controller is used. The traceroute does not list the VPN IP address.
    In virtualbox, i changed the bridged adaptor from the default Realtek PCIe controller to the TAP-Win32 adapter that PIA installed, OMV starts and is given the static IP that was configured but I can no longer SSH, access OMV web-interface, couchpotato, sickbeard or sabnzbd.
    How can i be sure that OMV is now utilizing the VPN? What needs to be done so that I can access the management consoles??
    Thanks for any help.