Beiträge von xtertristl

Ok I understand the wanting a unique name why not use the Linux name and partition for the media device then like sdb2 or sdc1? Are the unexpected problems you refer to from possibly having the same name or are might I break links in place on the drive?

Hello I've just installed OMV and I'm working to get everything up and running nicely. I've currently got a 1tb wd green drive connected and formatted to ext4. I was looking around to see where the fs was mounted and found it in the media but the name is unwieldy is there a way to change it. Currently I have to browse to "/media/25a88a14-5666-483a-aed6-e1decc45a374/".

Any assistance would be greatly helpful.

Hello I've just got a new Western Digital 3tb drive (WD30EZRX) for my server. When I connect the drive to my OMV server though I get about 20-30 messages like this. Currently the filesystem is exFat

[40157.218450] end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 0
    [40157.218538] Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 0
    [40200.504316] INFO: task blockdev:20330 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
    [40200.504406] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

I goggled around and everything I saw was telling me these are the signs of a drive failing. So I connected the drive to my windows machine and ran WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic both quick and extended and both times it came back as having no problems. I could run fsck but I wanted to format the drive to ext4 first. So I guess my question is why does Linux hate my HDD? or better yet what can I do to get it working in OMV without all these issues?

Ok So I plug the flash drive and boot up the install program it asks for language then keyboard language. Then I get a warning [!!] Detect and mount CD-ROM asking me to load additional drivers from a removable media, which I choose no because I don't have a Cd-rom drive in the computer. Next I get a warning with the question to Manually select a CD-Rom module and device. When I select yes I can then choose the Module needed for accessing the CD-ROM and I choose "none".

All seems to be working up to here but then I have a problem because on the next screen I get a prompt asking me to put the path to my cd-rom drive /dev/cd-rom or something like that I tried that but it didn't work then I tried just /dev/ and that didn't work. So reading the message carefully again I saw that I could alt-f2 to switch to a console and then do a "ls /dev" which I tried but I didn't see anything marked USB. After googling a little I saw that sda and sdb refer to the hard drives and as my laptop has only one HDD in it I tried /dev/sdb/ it didn't work (also tried sda just incase) so I'm kinda stuck here as it give me a Installation step failed and then gives me a list of steps to start the install from. If I try to skip this step I get an error saying it can't find the cd-rom as I'm guessing that the linux doesn't know where to look for the install files.

Any assistance would be greatly welcomed

I'm having a similar problem, I'm repurposing an old ultrabook with a cracked lcd. I've setup a flash drive to install from and during the install gets to the point where it looks for the CD-Rom drive and then I cannot continue. Is there a way to let the installer know that the computer I'm installing it on doesn't have a CD Drive?