Beiträge von theluke79

Hello folks, the issue is getting worse. I do not know myself a way to recreate it and show errors code (if any). Now even during massive torrent download session, it just get stuck. I am quite sick of it, it happens via usb or lan. I suspect it is a hardware problem. I am going to call the death of the nas and try to salvage the disk.

Hello folks,
    since I installed OMV on my NAS, I found out that, no matter how I do it, if I copy from/to the NAS several files, it stucks after 5/7 minutes and I need to completely reboot it.
    SSH stops working as well any other service.
    Only pressing the rear on/off button shuts down the device.
    This happens ONLY when I copy files. How do I troubleshoot this issue?
    Thank you! :?:

Thanks a mil for helping!

I followed this guide to install the dual factor authentication (it has been working for 2 years now)
    howtogeek.com/121650/how-to-secure-ssh-with-google-authenticators-two-factor-authentication/ therefore, YES, I did edit manually the

sudo nano /etc/pam.d/sshd
    and sshd_config

As per the instructions.

I have created the second alternative SSHD conf file an configured CRON,
    It has fixed the problem!

Thank you

?( Hello folks,

I was happily using my OMV 1.19 when all of a sudden the SSH Root Access (protected by google multi factor auth) stopped working.
    It does not recognize the password anymore and it does not ask for the Google Authentication Code,

I can logon on the WEBUI, but that is it.

If I could edit the SSD_CONFIG file, I'd try to remove the "Use PAM" option, it helped me fix problems with the other NAS I have.

I tried the procedure to create a public key, but I get the error <<permission denied public key>>

I realy need to get SSH ROOT back up, what can I troubleshoot?

UPDATE 15/1

I thought it was ok, but it stopped working overnight.
    If I just reboot, it is fine, but I loose the mount if I turn off the machine.
    Which infos do you need to help me?

--------------------------------------------
    It worked!
    Thanks a million!
    Now I just have to figure out why I cannot access the folders, but they are there even after reboot.

Yes, I am on HMNDCE and OMV 1.9

From UBUNTU I can see the shared folder listed, but I cannot access it.

However, forget what I posted before, dunno why, the SDA2 partition just got unmounted...

I can only mount it from SSH terminal.

I will go all the way through the steps mentioned above by you TELLE in order to reconfigure it properly

Hello, same situation here.

I mounted the ext3, 2TB partition from command line, it worked fine, while it was not possible to do it via GUI.

Right after, I created a share on that partition, no issue here as well.

Under CIFS, I double checked that the share was there

BUT I cannot see the share...Why?

UPDATE

Ok, rebooted I can see the share, but no access.

Will try tomorrow