Posts by Griffo

Thanks. DNSMASQ now starts.

But when I go to create a static entry, it failed with

The entry is in the web interface, but doesn't resolve.

Then when I installed DNSMASQ

So I reinstalled OpenVPN and noticed an error

Quote from "Marcel.Beck"

At the moment the Donald and Glass Repository does not support OMV 0.4.

If you had OMV-Plugins.org Plugin Version 0.4.x before you upgraded OMV 0.3 to OMV 0.4, everything should work as aspacted.

The only Plugin which is currently not ported to OMV 0.4 is the Greyhole Plugin.

Hi Marcel,

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case for me. Any ideas on the below??

dlna: despite being enabled, media folders set, and the tickbox "scan all folders", nothing happens. Nothing in the logs, no process.

dnsmasq - error on saving "Failed to execute command 'sudo omv-mkconf dnsmasq 2>&1':"

Website: when attempting to enable get error message "communication failure"

Bittorrent - not even listed as an available plugin.

Is everyone else having issues with the omv-plugins.com plugins on fedaykin? Almost everyone has a serious issue for me including:

omv-plugin: Cannot save settings, so cannot choose Donald or Glass repositories. On clicking save, default settings are saved

dlna: despite being enabled, media folders set, and the tickbox "scan all folders", nothing happens. Nothing in the logs, no process.

dnsmasq - error on saving "Failed to execute command 'sudo omv-mkconf dnsmasq 2>&1':"

Website: when attempting to enable get error message "communication failure"

Bittorrent - not even listed as an available plugin.

etc. I've logged bugs at github, but there seems to be no response after quite a few days.

So beware - i'm sure they will get fixed, but not as of yet.

In case you are wondering, this was a clean build on 0.3, then and upgrade to 0.4 before any plugins were installed.

I basically typed the following in Grub. You need to get your disks UUID. It should be listed in /boot/grub/device.map as well as in the /etc/grub/grub/conf.

In my case my disk was HD0, check by typing ls in the grub prompt

insmod part_msdos
    insmod ext2
    set root='(hd0,msdos1)'
    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 5449b610-1111-4a37-b422-b52230de52b6
    linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-amd64 root=UUID=5449b610-1111-4a37-b422-b52230de52b6
    initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64
    boot

I finally got some time to try this again. The grub install just screws up every time.

I managed to get it to boot manually, and a grub-install and grub-mkconfig fixed it all up. Dunno why it refuses to do it properly as part of the install though.

I've been using OMV since it was first released, and while i've had a couple of issues, nothing like this before,it's generally been rock solid.

My setup consists of a HP Microserver with 4x HDD in the SATA slots, and OMV booting off a USB key installed in the internal USB slot.
    Over the last month I have burnt through 3 USB keys. WHen the first one went I was like 'oh well'. When the second one went days laters I was thinking I was unlucky. When the third one died I figured I should try a new tactic.
    I am now trying install OMV onto a USB HDD. I run the setup, and it goes through fine. However after install, it drops to the grub screen.
    I am installing from a USB thumb drive to the USB HDD.

The device I install to is /dev/sda during installation.
    Checking /boot/grub/devices.map has the correct drive listed as HD0.

When it drops to grub after install and reboot, i try to manually boot (linux /boot/vmlinuz... then initrd /boot/init.rd..... then boot) but that fails with an whole heap of errors (e.g mount:mounting /sys on /root/sys failedL No such file or directory)

If I run a rescue install, and get it to re-install grub, or run a grub-mkconfig, then it makes it even worse, dropping into grub-rescue mode on boot.

Any suggestions / thoughts would be much appreciated.