Beiträge von Mike

Hi, I've tried to install Docker today and am getting an error when it installs:

Error #0:OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(45): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleDocker->getStatus()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}

I tried to run a few other commands, it looks like this is an issue:
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    docker-ce
    openmediavault-docker-gui
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Hi, I've tried to install Docker today and am getting an error when it installs:

Error #0:OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(45): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleDocker->getStatus()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}

I tried to run a few other commands, it looks like this is an issue:

Errors were encountered while processing:
    docker-ce
    openmediavault-docker-gui
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Hi thanks for that.

So just to clarify, I don't know very much about RAID, so apologies if my questions my seem a bit confusing.

What I'm asking is if I take two physical hard drives that have been created as a RAID1 array (with data on them from a previous installation of OMV), and install them into a new installation of OMV, will I be able to recover the RAID1 array on the new installation of OMV?

So in my mind I'm not sure if the RAID1 configuration is stored locally on each physical hard drive, or whether it is completely stored and managed in software by the OS. If the answer is the former, then I guess I can take the drives into a new installation of OMV with no issues; because the RAID1 configuration is local to the physical drives and not the OS itself?

Any clarification on this would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

I have my OMV built on a USB drive at the moment and want to rebuild the OS on an SSD.

I'm using a HP NL54 server and have two drives in RAID1 using the standard software RAID within OMV.

Could anyone tell me whether I can recover the RAID1 drive once I've rebuilt the system, or is there a procedure I can follow to do this if I rebuild the OS?

Thanks
    Mike

Thanks for that. I think I understand what you're saying, although I'll have to read up on Clonezilla to understand how it works.

The alternative I guess would be to just remove the system disk, plug it into my Windows PC and read the image using win32diskimager.

Are there any instructions for flashmemory plugin, do I need to follow this procedure before enabling it and rebooting?

Fstab (/etc/fstab) needs to be changed manually. Following these steps to change:

Login as root locally or via ssh
    Execute the following command: nano /etc/fstab
    Add noatime and nodiratime to root options. See before and after example lines:
    BEFORE:UUID=ccd327d4-a1ed-4fd2-b356-3b492c6f6c34 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1AFTER:UUID=ccd327d4-a1ed-4fd2-b356-3b492c6f6c34 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro 0 1Comment out the swap partition. See before and after example lines (only need to add a # to beginning of the line):
    BEFORE:UUID=a3c989d8-e12b-41d3-b021-098155d6b21b none swap sw 0 0AFTER:#UUID=a3c989d8-e12b-41d3-b021-098155d6b21b none swap sw 0 0Ctrl-o to save
    Ctrl-x to exit
    Enable the plugin
    Reboot

Hi, is there a reasonable straight forward method that I can use to backup my OMV system drive? I have the system installed on 32GB USB stick in a HP NL54 and I've seen a few posts on plugins that can be used, but the procedure seemed quite long winded.

I've only been able to find one plugin that could potentially do this which uses something called Clonezilla (I'm not a Linux expert, but am always willing to learn!)

Cheers

Hi guys, I recently rebooted my NAS and have come across this problem. I'm sure I've seen a similar problem before when it was rebooted but can't find the thread or a procedure to fix it.

Could anyone provide some help?

Thanks

Bad Request
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie
    /n

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at NAS.home Port 80

Hi, I'm trying to update the software packages in Update Manager and my system seems to just hang on the "installing updates" window. I've tried different packages and nothing seems to work.

I'm running v1.11 on a HP NL54 Microserver. I was also hoping to upgrade to a new version of OMV as well, but wanted to get all these updates installed first.

Does anyone have any ideas about this bug, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Hi, I switched on my OMV this morning and can no longer connect to the GUI. Other applications such as Coach Potato are reachable and I can SSH to the box.

I'm getting the following response when trying to connect. It looks like some sort of process relating to the GUI has stopped working.

The server is a HP NL54 and OMV is installed on a 16GB Sandisk USB Stick.

It works!
    This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.