Beiträge von domyre

thank you for the good explanation!!
    Unfortunately i'm not able to set up any security option on iSCSI so i perfectly see the drives but i can connect to them with no use authentication... i thougt it would be easy to set up a chap authentication like on freenas or nas4free but i wasn't able to set it up because i only see outgoing and incoming authentication, so if i set up an authentication on the server i do not know how to set up the iSCSI initiator on windows, i know how to change my "user" but i don't know wher i have to set the password

Hy!! I'm a new user, and I'm exploring the world of openmediavault because i'm considering tu build a little server with omv on it, so i'm trying omv on virtual machine, everything works fine and the sistem is really stable and fast, so i installed the iSCSI target that interests me. I'm able to create a shared hard drive but i have some questions:
    1) How to set up the authentication, i'm able tu share teh disks with no authentication but when i set up an incoming or an outgoing password i don't know how to set up win 7 to connect to the drive (is ita a chap authentication?)
    2) when i share the same hd on 2 pc's i'm able to read and write files but if i erase some files on the iscsi drive on pc A i'm still able to see those files on the iscsi drive from pc B why that?

Sorry for bad english i'm italian but i understand also german so if you want to answer in german no problem for me.
    Thank you!