Beiträge von hebecb

Symlinks are not a bad idea (I don't need a GUI to create symlinks thanks ;) ). It's just not the way I was hoping to organize things (I had organized my mounts this way on my current file server).

Thought it would be relatively straightforward because of the (seemingly) clean way it's all declared in config.xml but it sounds like it's more of a slippery slope than I realized based on my early (sadly partial) success.

At the risk of tempting you on to the slippery slope, aaron mentioned it would cause problems... besides the "ui miss" what else might go wrong? More out of curiosity on my own part at this point.

I want to organize my disks' mount points by more than just UUID. Does not appear to be a way to do this through the UI so I went to /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and changed the <mntent> and <share> entries appropriately (I believe!).

I did "omv-mkconf fstab" and "omv-mkconf samba". After reboot things seem to operate as expected and I was able to access the samba-shared folders from a windows machine.

Problem is the AUFS entry in the filesystems page still shows the old mount point under /media/UUID

FWIW, I'm organizing things this way

/mnt/data/UUID
    /mnt/parity/UUID
    /mnt/unionfs/aufs/UUID

Again this all came up as I expected on reboot... except for the GUI (which btw does not seem to show the mount points for anything but AUFS but that's a red herring for this... i thinK!)

I did omv-mkconf -list and nothing obvious jumped out at me