Beiträge von Sylvania

In this case the JMS578 on the PCB seems to be the problem since having its own ideas about spin down behavior

Changing physical properties of the HDD and rebooting results in a "new" drive /dev/disk/by-label/ is missing and SDA is unmounted, not just JMS578 spindown behavior.
    Is this behavior caused by a bad Seagate firmware ( drive pulled from an old usb storage ), blacklisting or something else ?

best regards

Hi

after reinstalling my HC2 ( because of similar behavior ) i found that setting the Physical disk properties to anything else than "disabled" will make the system behave odd after a reboot.
    Disable the settings again did not help. After rebooting, drive is not mounted, and it takes 5-10min before mount is possible.
    System has now been rebooted multiple times with no errors, after a new clean install.
    Is this a JMS578 hardware issue ?

Thank you Adoby :)

best regards

Hi

Well i was in the process of making a SD card backup. I tried to edit a shared folder in settings, put a comment in, saving, and folder content is back again.

Problem is that next time i reboot the issue with missing disk and unmounted disk will be back.
    I will make a new install without touching "physical disk properties and see if it reboot as it should.

Best regards

Hi

Well not everything is okay. All shared folders are empty ( /sharedfolders/shared/ ) . Noticed that Transmission could not save to /dev/disk/by-label/Odroid8TB/Torrents.
    Reboot again and the missing /dev/disk/by-label/Odroid8TB/ is back.

Is there any fix to this issue ?

best regards

Hi

Think my Odroid HC2 / 8TB Seagate has this issue. After a reboot, the Seagate drive is unmounted and a new missing drive is listed in menu as /dev/disk/by-label/Odroid8TB.

Disabled these settings and rebooted...

After that everything is back to normal.

Best regards