Beiträge von Skylinc

Hi all

I'm new to the forums, but a long time user of OMV (albeit a very old version until now).

I recently decided to put an additional hard drive into my OMV box (NTFS formatted with movies). When I restarted my OMV box, I was no longer able to access it via my web browser to mount/share the new drive. When I plugged in a monitor, it gave me a message about entering the root password to enter maintenance mode, or pressing Ctrl+D to continue. So I pressed Ctrl+D. When I went back to my browser and tried navigating to it, nothing happened, but I saw on the OMV monitor that there were a series of exceptions being thrown (if I recall correctly it indicated HDD errors). So I unplugged all data drives, and started up again, but nothing has changed (still exceptions when trying to access via web browser). So I put in a new disk (for the system disk), unplugged all my data disks (for safe keeping), and reinstalled OMV (jumped from v0.3 I think to 1.12!).

Interface looks nicer! That's all I noticed because my previous OMV was very static, and was working well until I tried adding an HDD. I digress...

So after setting up the new OMV to minimum settings to get everything to work, I switched off, plugged in the first of my data drives, and mounted it. It shows me that there is 27GB of 110GB (yes, small drive) available. And I created the share, and shared it on SMB.

I can navigate to this shared folder (I called it "Tiny"), but it is empty, and only 27GB in size. This indicates that the shared folder I created is pointing to the unused space on the drive, which kinda makes sense.

I tried all of this with my second data drive (a 2TB drive with 918GB free), but got exactly the same results. I new empty drive with 918GB free.

And now my question: How do I get back the data that is obviously still on my drives?

Thanks in advance!