Beiträge von Fullmoon

I guess the question is, what do you plan to run?

Are you just running it as a file server or do you want to run containers and VMs as well?

I got myself a secondhand i7-920 HTPC and converted that to a server - but I'm also running it as a VM lab.

VMs not likely, but I already run several containers of RPi. Maybe I'll do some actual web dev stuff, even.

Currently running OMV on RPi 3B, but RPi being what it is, both processing power and network speed are lacking. I was going to get Odroid HC2, but my friend adviced me to look at used HP microserver.
    Now, extra drive bays and actual x86 arch are nice to have, but I (probably) can live without them, and even cheapest gen7 here are a bit more expensive than HC2, and they are old.

So, how is Athlon II Neo N36L compared to Exynos 5422? I know that any of them is an upgrade to RPi.

Intended use right now: torrents, Plex, some heavy enough web apps, like NewsBlur and Partkeepr. Space and power consumption are not important.

Same error here, plugin 3.9, OMV 3.0.92, Raspberry Pi.

blkid

In short — is that possible at all?

Certain web apps (latest Baikal, for example) requires PHP 5.5 or newer, and Wheezy in OMV 2 comes with 5.4.45 only. There are ways to build it for armhf, I used this guide, using sources from dotdeb, and everything seems to build fine. But when I got to installing, apt-get wanted to remove whole openmediavault (or probably just php5-pam, and openmediavault depends on it). Specifically,
    The following packages will be REMOVED:openmediavault openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-letsencrypt openmediavault-mysql openmediavault-nginx openmediavault-omvextrasorg openmediavault-transmissionbt php5-pam php5-proctitle

What can I do?

try:
    Source Code
    apt-key update
    apt-get update
    apt-get install augeas-lenses libaugeas0

Same problem here. apt-get says that „augeas-lenses is already the newest version. libaugeas0 is already the newest version.“

Solved as showed here.

OK, now it ended with this:

Code
    Requesting root privileges to run letsencrypt...
       ~/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt certonly --webroot -w /var/www/openmediavault/ --text --keep-until-expiring --agree-tos --expand --email admin@moonlightwell.tk -d moonlightwell.tk -d mydata.moonlightwell.tk -d jirafeau.moonlightwell.tk -d baikal.moonlightwell.tk -d rainloop.moonlightwell.tk -d tools.moonlightwell.tk -d phpsysinfo.moonlightwell.tk
    Illegal instruction
    <<< *************************************

Ah, yes, I'm using Raspberry Pi, if that matters.

I run several subdomains with SSL, but I need one specific subdomain to be available in plain HTTP.
    Problem: I also set webgui to be accessible through HTTPS, and /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/security.conf contains

add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubdomains";

That leads to quite stupid behaviour when after accessing webgui my HTTP share gets locked by HSTS.

Question: is there a better way to change security.conf than just edit it directly? And when will it be overwritten back, only on OMV update or after every configuration edit?

Ok, yes, OMV overwrites configuration every time I edit something in webgui. Can I do anything about this?

IT LIVES!
    Ah. Sorry, my fault, got it now. I used checkinstall, and there seems to be a bug in it.

./configure && touch configure configure.ac aclocal.m4 Makefile.am Makefile.in && make && make install
    (without touch make fails with "WARNING: 'aclocal-1.14' is missing on your system.")

Um. No, it isn't. I actually was hoping for link to already compiled transmission-*-2.84-armhf.deb. Also I can't compile from this git repo — recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed. And what custom patch?

Hello.
    Could anyone build 2.84 binaries for armhf? Several torrent trackers don't allow 2.82 anymore, due to removing SSLv2/SSLv3.

Trying to install from jessie repos leads to a lot of dependencies, including libc6 and systemd.
    I semi-successfully built 2.84 from sources, but I can't connect it to openmediavault-transmissionbt (it requires all four transmission packages) and can't remote connect to it (daemon doesn't read from settings for some reason).

In a normal PC environment, i would copy with rsync (archive mode) all the files back to a disk with the same format, recreate folders /dev, /sys and /proc. Edit fstab to replace the rootfs new UUID (in ext4 you can change the UUID so maybe you can avoid that and change the uuid instead). Finally chroot properly to the disk to execute grub-install.

Thank you. How to do that exactly? Could you point me to some guide?

I most cases that should work, but is suppose to be done with the card offline, not mounted.

Of course. Still, I'm pretty sure I did shutdown system and unmounted card. Hm.

Not sure where to post this. I've got my OMV up and running, and now I want to use this state as reference. What is the best way to do that?

• OMV own backup plugin. I have only three tabs — Photorec, Extundelete and System backup. Last one just copies all system drive to a folder on external HDD. How do I restore from this backup?
    • I could just dd entire sd card into an image file and restore from it later. But last time I tried to do that, system refused to boot after restoring. Did I miss something?

Another question — would there be any problems with file ownership on external HDD after restoring system?

Raspberry Pi, clean OMV 2.0.15 image. Installed only nginx plugin through webUI. Problem remains after updating to 2.1.
    Web interface works. But I can't add servers in nginx (websites) plugin. That is, clicking on 'Add' does nothing. Refreshing list of servers gives error message 'communication failure'.
    Also 'omv-mkconf nginx' says 'Site configuration file 'openmediavault-nginx' not found.'

Anything I can do?