Beiträge von jdorje

try disable:
    local master = yes
    time server = yes

the most important is local master = no to avoid conflict with windows 8.1

Alas, no change with that either. local master was set to "yes", but changing it to "no" makes no difference to the discovery issue.

Discovery continues to simply not work.

Rebooting the client computer does not cause it to appear, nor does it appear in any other client computer.

Turning off the wins and time server...okay actually I apparently did that already at some point. No difference in discovery.

Adding "netbios name = <hostname>" does nothing for discovery.

Firewall? Is there a firewall installed in the OMV distribution by default that could be blocking this? Or are you talking about in my router or client computer? Either way, different client computers can discover each other.

/usr/sbin/nmbd is running.

I configured a drive, a folder, a user, a group. I can access this on my local network through bittorrent plugin, or the DLNA plugin. But when I configure SMB, it simply...doesn't work? The OMV machine should show up on the "Network" in windows 8.1 right? And then under that, there should be folders. But the machine doesn't even show. Both are using the workgroup "WORKGROUP" (this isn't case sensitive right?).

my smb.conf - http://pastebin.com/QRBV5wya

Is there something obviously wrong here? I've tried tweaking the config, restarting both computers, etc...yet nothing.