Beiträge von Ali3n0id

Here's an entry under syslog:

Time and dates are all wrong until I manually update ntp

I'm using using the RasPi 2 image and have noticed the time doesn't correct itself upon reboot so I have to manually use 'sudo ntpd -gq' to grab the correct time. I have use NTP server unmarked in the OMV interface.

I'm also get random 'kernel panics - not syncing' crashses

I imported my ntp.conf (after making a backup of the original) from another Pi:

The locale and timezone is set correctly with raspi-config and from /usr/share..

The time is still not correcting itself upon reboot

Yes, I had to delete entries in config.xml, create new UUIDS with 'tune2fs -U random /dev/sdXY' then reference them in my fstab:

Looks likes everything is working now :)

Is there a way to trick OVM to thinking that a referenced drive is not referenced with bind mounts?

I have a RasPi here with the RasPi build you provide. I'm booting the rootfs from an external hard drive which is located at /dev/sda1 and also has the same UUID as /dev/mmcblk0p2 as this was a dd clone.

/dev/mmcblk0p2 still appears in the file systems page even though it is not mounted and I believe I have removed it from my .config.xml file (I made a backup). Not a huge problem though.

The main issue is with another partition (/dev/sda3) on the same hard drive as the system boots from - it has my SQL databases on I use for shared folders/OwnCloud

I've changed hard drives and cloned information from them to another (/dev/sdb2) but this has messed up my mounts and the file systems page:

http://gyazo.com/62fbb86d5510190dc33a80228d976a51

My fstab is as follows:

When I 'mount -a' now for some reason it decides to mount /dev/sda1 to the same location as /dev/sdb2 is supposed to be mounted. In the web interface it shares the same available/used values because of this.

When I try to unmount certain partitions now I get a message similar to:

Zitat

Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/fstab/mntent[dir='/media/5d18be51-3217-4679-9c72-a54e0fc53d6b'])

However if I mount/unmount the drives manually it seems to solve it.

Ideally I'd like to mount my drives in a custom location like /media/USB1 (within the OMV interface) and still be able to use them for shared folders and with OVM interface. It'd be great too if I could use the 'mount/unmount' buttons on the web client.

Not sure if this is possible but I'm in a bit of a jam...

Brilliant - everything went as planned I had to add the custom repo to the OMV-extras tab before the dependencies deicided to install otherwise I would get in a loop of installing 'openmediavault-owncloud' and removing it.

Thanks tekkb, ran into some dependency problems:

I need to enable mono so I can install mediabrowser but there is no 'secondary' tab in the lastest RPi build.

I know that there is no secondary tab in new releases but how do I enable mono and why does the mediabrowser plugin not show under multimedia?

I get you, and would have totally used the brilliant image you provide if I was starting fresh.

Can I assume that that's the go ahead to use these tutorials without issues? Any recommendations?

i.e. If I have a webserver running already - will it conflict? If I use Raspbian will it conflict with my current mounts? If I already use a FTP server or have samba mounts will it conflict?

Forgive me, I know there are prebuilt images for the RPi but I have everything setup perfectly inside raspbian after hours of effort.

What is the #1 reason why it's not recommended to use inside raspbian?

When I update the system will packages become broken?

I have found a few links online were people have done this, just wanted to make sure I'm headed in the right direction here - help a brother out:

http://www.element14.com/commu…i-nas-with-openmediavault

http://www.pc-magazin.de/bilde…lerie-2527746-434367.html