Beiträge von anderbytes

Hello, I'd like to ask the devs to please make some improvements to NGINX in OMV (for WebGUI and the plugin).

- Upgrade it's version to stable 1.21.1, for some reasons: security, optimizations and HTTP/2 feature
    - Hide nginx version (for security reasons) from probing. More details here: https://serverfault.com/questi…i-hide-all-server-os-info
    - Add some headers to WebGUI for security (Any header scan i.e. https://securityheaders.io will show the gaps)

Most of the stuff above have simple solution: add lines inside nginx config files, or insert some headers in config.

But all of them are important.

I have a small feature request...
    When creating a container it would be useful and a good way of getting insight/learning how docker container commandlines are built if there was a button to "View command line" that would show how the command is about to be built/run based on the setup the user has just built using the interface.

Indeed

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

i was not aware of that feature to reference by name within the same network. According to the docs it should probably work if you specify a new bridged network too. Could you try this out and report back?

Not very soon. It may take a while. Busy.

I don't have a DNS server and today am forced to use "--link" so they can reference each other without using IP, because it can change every Docker restart.

Of what I've read of Docker networks, any non-default bridge network creates a internal DNS server for those containers, making transparent this job of managing names.

So, I don't know if macvlan are required or just other network creations, but my goal is to reference containers by name without creating a whole DNS server outside just for that.

I don't understand this part. Could you elaborate on how this could be accomplished? Myself I run almost all my containers in macvlan mode and give them names via my DNS server.

I don't have a DNS server and today am forced to use "--link" so they can reference each other without using IP, because it can change every Docker restart.

Of what I've read of Docker networks, any non-default bridge network creates a internal DNS server for those containers, making transparent this job of managing names.

So, I don't know if macvlan are required or just other network creations, but my goal is to reference containers by name without creating a whole DNS server outside just for that.

I don't understand this part. Could you elaborate on how this could be accomplished? Myself I run almost all my containers in macvlan mode and give them names via my DNS server.

@anderbytes Which parameters would you recommend to be able to set when creating a macvlan network? Right now I have name, subnet, gateway and parent. Anything you feel missing?

I don't miss anything, either.
    Maybe something will show up after releasing it to public.

Nonetheless, one of the main features that have to be working so the "network" can be called OK, in my opinion, is that each container can reach other container via it's name, not raw IP.

It depends. I use omv in wan, but only after creating a trusted SSL cert and forcing omv to only serve SSL port. Also, my webgui password is +20 in length and mixes numbers, symbols, lower and upper chars...

The only thing I hate is that the user can't be renamed from "admin"

Couldn't wait. I've confirmed that mine is 64 installation too.

And here goes the dpkg result:
    ii openmediavault 3.0.68 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-nut 3.2.10 all OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.25 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Also... I noticed that now omvextras won't show me the options to install backports. I only have 2 tabs: Repos and Kernels, and inside Kernels only the choice of the booting kernel and installing the proxmox kernel. Weird

Does the "modify" button works OK for all of you? For who answers... do you use OMV in port 80/443 or custom port?

When I try to save the "Modify" form, it brings me an error: "Error: "Failed to connect to localhost port 80: Connection refused" - Code: 7"

Finnaly!!! In the latest update,it got fixed!
    Thanks devs!

Is the docker plugin working under 3.0.63? I am running a fresh install with kernel: 4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd64.
    Currently I am having an issue with just initializing the plugin. If I initialize it theres tons of errors that keep telling me to apply changes or revert. If I apply more of the same errors occurs.

So I am seeing if this is just an issue with erasmus being beta still. Also its weird that some of the errors will say that I don't have a filesystem in place but I browsed to get the location I used.

Thanks

I had something related and it was caused because of storage driver in Docker configuration. Try using others. I had aufs and now in newer kernels only overlayfs works for me.

Does the "modify" button works OK for all of you? For who answers... do you use OMV in port 80/443 or custom port?

When I try to save the "Modify" form, it brings me an error: "Error: "Failed to connect to localhost port 80: Connection refused" - Code: 7"