Beiträge von mailmonster

Hello community

My T20 emits a high beep sound when powered off not when running. It comes from a small piezo on the mainboard. When I unplug the powersupply it stops after some time (sure)
    Is this normal for a T20 and has anybody else this issue and is there anything I can do?

Hello Community

I have now switched from a HP Microserver N54l to a Dell T20.
    I have some questions. I installed the plugin autoshutdown and want to test the Standby possibilities of the T20
    I read about pm-utils which I tried to run on the commandline. However after execution of the command there is no output for any of the test commands.
    My firmware of the T20 is A11.
    Systemctl command puts the system in standby but both fans are still running all the time.
    Can somebody tell me what to do best in order to get the best possible standby config with the t20

What I want to achive is that the system goes into standby after x minutes (i can configure this in autoshutdown) unless some ip addresses are active or video is streamed from my kodi system which is permanently online so therefore it cannot be part of the ip address check.
    I want the system to be as best possible as noiseless as a qnap nas system.

best regards and thanks for help
    christian

Hello community i currently run an Ubuntu Based homeserver but would like to switch to omv 3
    I need a stable solution for backups to my onedrive which i currently do manually via rclone. I understand that there is currently no rclone plugin but also duplicati should work with onedrive. Can anybody confirm this? If not is it a Problem to run rclone directly on the nas os and schedule its run as i do Not want to create a virtual linux box just for that
    Thanks for your feedback

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

I Use omv 2 on a microserver gen8. What is still missing is a cloud solution for sharing like owncloud or seafile. The owncloud plugin being rather old in this hasnt changed recently is no option. So how should a newer Version along with https Support be installed Best? Another linux vm or via docker? Any experiences here and eventually a Step by step Guide?
    Regards Christian

Hallo Community

aktuell nutze ich OMV 2.0 auf einem Microserver Gen8.

Nun möchte ich folgendes erreichen

Ich möchte Dateien vom Notebook nicht syncen sondern auf das NAS backupen insbesondere Fotos die auf der NAS in einem Ordner \FOTO\JAHR\Monat liegen

Parallel dazu möchte ich Android Handy Fotos und WhatsApp Media ebenfalls dorthin in die Struktur \Foto\Jahr\Handyfotos automatisch übertragen (Seafile?,Owncloud?)

Nun möchte ich beide Ordner per Android App im Zugriff haben um Fotos per http(s) mit/ohne Password zu sharen.

Meines Wissens ist das Problem bei Seafile und Owncloud grundsätzlich das diese eigene Strukturen parallel erstellen die als Container für die Cloud Files dienen.

Nun folgende Ideen/Fragen:

1. Wie sieht es bei OMV grundsätzlich aus. OMV 3.0 steht ja vor der Tür - wird es hier ein neueres Plugin für Owncloud oder überhaupt eines für Seafile geben oder soll ich eine der beiden Lösungen nativ auf dem NAS installieren oder empfiehlt es sich das über das Docker Plugin unter OMV zu installieren.

2. Um mein oben beschriebenes Problem zu lösen: Kann eine der beiden Lösungen Seafile oder Owncloud nicht auch per WEBDAV angesprochen werden so dass ich die Daten vom Notebook per Webdav Share einbinden und Daten in die Cloud kopieren kann ?

3. Alternativ würde mir noch einfallen unter virtualbox ein [definition=40,0]Windows[/definition] System zu installieren und folgendes Projekt zu testen http://ftpbox.org/

Damit könnte man zumindest per Weboberfläche die Fotos sharen und auch per CiFS aus der virtuellen Maschine auf die NAS Fotos zugreifen. Das kopieren der Daten vom Android Handy könnte dann bequem per Foldersync erfolgen.

Hello Community

I am running a OMV 1.0 Installation on a HP Microserver GEN9. Currently it provides more or less the same functionality as my old nas being just a big mirrored Space for data storage and providing Cifs Shares.
    What I want to do is providing some Cloud functionality to my Family so that data can be shared by email link to others with Password protection and expiration date.
    Also I want to use this Cloud add on for backing up data from the Windows PC and Android Smartphones for photo/WhatsApp media backup.
    I understand that the owncloud plugin is based on Version 6 and we already have Version 8 out so I do not know if using the plugin is a good idea.
    I also had a quick look at seafile which I think is nearly the same but with the Advantage of having the possibility to specify more than the Image Folder on the smatphone for autoupload.
    Now I would like to know what is the best and most stable solution together with my omv Setup as this should be used within the Family without permanent maintenance and breakdowns.
    Should I start with the docker plugin and use a docker solution? should I use virtualbox and a separate vm? Would your recommend seafile or owncloud?
    Thanks for your Feedbacks in advance
    best regards
    Christian

Hello Thanks for the Feedback. I an using the original i guess owncloud 6 plugin. In the omv webgui There Are only a few settings but nothing with external storage. However there is a possibilty to add local omv shares but the Do Not appear.

Hello Communit

I did Setup the owncloud plugin and I am able to Access the "Default" share in my local Network.
    However I do not understand how I can link my already existing cifs Shares that I use for backup into owncloud. I saw that in the plugin there is a tab "Shares" and I thought that when I enter the Shares and then save the config log out and in into owncloud I will see them but this is not the case. Do I Need to move the whole Share structure underneath the owncloud Directory or is there a way to map the Shares into owncloud. Will a Linux symbolic link do the trick?
    And my other question is what I Need to put into the config.php for the trusted Domain Setting so that I can Access the owncloud from public Internet. Does this Need to be my external dyndns Name ?
    Thanks for a short help

Dear Community

After having seen that Gmail does no longer offer free custom Domain Service for gmail I think about using my OMV Server also as an email Server.
    However I wanted to ask what others here are already - succesfull - using.
    I consider using the roundcube plugin or which Looks quite appealing to me use the ox app Suite which i guess i would Need to run in a separate vm.
    I would appreciate any Feedback on what is used in the omv community which also runs stable and provides good search capabilities - best also in Attachements.

Hello Community
    I am thinking about using a document Management System to reduce the papers at home. My Basic idea is using an Android app to scan documents, categorize them and have them automatically transfered to a share on the openmediavault System where the document Management Server side would reside.
    I thought about something like ELO or openkm . Does anybody out here already have some experience in this area and can give me some tipps on seletcting something that should not be to complex to install and in Management.

thanks for any Feedback