Beiträge von Ice Wolf

Hi,

I have configured Samba shared folder and a Plex library folders that are included in that folder ("Data" is the whole share samba folder that includes "Movies" and "TV Shows" for example).

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1) Make a clean installation and configuration of BananaPi with OMV v0.2 image
    2) Configure HDD and Samba folder
    3) Install and configure Plex plugin
    4) While TV is on and BananaPi starts Plex will show up automatically in the shared devices on that TV

after the reason I can't figure out (maybe: time, updates, router reboot, additional configuration)

5) While TV is on and BananaPi starts Plex will NOT show up automatically in the shared devices on that TV. If I use TV settings to reconnect that TV to the network Plex will show up.

Similar issue is with Samba folder on Windows 7 PCs

steps 1 to 3 remain the same as previously explained

4) Samba folder is mapped as a network drive and reconnected at startup and it will be available automatically

after the same reason as above

5) Samba folder is not available (can't connect, map) until I reconnect PC to the same network

I really tried to figure out what can be the reason for that. I've set permissions to not require login/password, I've set permanent IPs to all devices instead of using dynamic ones. Tried to google this but did not found exact issue like mine.
    The problem is that as I've stated I am unable to figure out what is causing this so I can eliminate this from my configuration steps.
    I am using OMV v0.2 (version 1.19 Kralizec with kernel 3.4.103) for BananaPi as I have larger issues with v2.0 or v2.1. I've tried to user miniDLNA, but if it's running with Transmission BitTorrent and OpenVPN it's causing network hold, so I've switched to Plex.

Thank you for the reply however I don't see any tick box for TVHeadend the only tick box are related to regular repos, but even if I untick all of them this error still occurs. The only way I found for update to work is to delete the TVHeadend completely. I've tried to edit the URL to HTTPS but it didn't work either. Is there any way to solve this instead of removing the repo before every update check/upgrade? I am using OMV 0.2 version for Banana Pi

Thank you very much I've removed plugins that I thought were connecting to tvheadend URL (Couch Potato / Sickbeard / Sabnzbd), however I was not aware that this is a custom repo and was not under "Plugins" page. Sorry for the trouble as I clearly see that the error message is showing everything and I should done it myself :(. I have removed the tvheadend repo and it worked, so again big thanks to you.

P.S.
    Please forgive me for such stupid question, but I would like to understand OMV better: are repos (repositories) and plugins the same thing? How to disable a custom repo such as tvheadend (other than remove/delete) as there was no option for it, not like for the ones in "Plugins" section?

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue that looks like the one posted by Condor. I have tried the DNS and it didn't work. Also I've tried other solutions like removing/changing source list but without success. I have removed almost all extra plugins but issue still occurs. I am unable to check Update Manager or Plugins using GUI or SSH. I am attaching full error message I get. Please keep in mind that I am quite new to OMV and Linux, so I would be thankful if you could explain needed steps as simple as possible.

Thank you in advance

P.S.
    There are similar issues on other threads that recommend to disable some respositories, however I don't know how to verify which one in my case.

Everything is working now - THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN. Turns out that it was usb port that didn't support the flash drive correctly (at least in my case). I've connected external HDD, but the BananaPi was switching off (I'm guessing it didn't had enough power to run the external drive). So I've connected the drive to USB hub with external power source and configured everything from the start. It's been a week now without problem, so I hope it will stay that way. And turns out I was able to use NTFS format without a problem. It's probably obvious to you, but I thought it can be only EXT3/4 - better learn later than ever :).

Thank you very much Aaron, you have no idea how grateful I am for your support as I am a Windows guy and even the basic Linux commands are like quantum physics to me.
    I've posted this issue on BananaPi forum, so hopefully someone would reply. Meanwhile I will switch to Raspbian as it seemed to work OK before, but OMV is so much better for me ("easy" web GUI), but as a poet onces said: "You can't always get what you want" :)

Once again thanks for your help and time you spend on this.

Bellow are the results when OMV is working:

and here are the results when it's not working:

Those are the results without flashmemory plugin configured, as I was afraid that I've done it wrong.
    Anyway regardless the plugin the issue starts up after shutdown/reboot.

Hi,
    I'm using Autoshutdown plugin to shutdown my OMV machine however if I'm seeding anything using Transamission auto shutdown will not work. I've tried stopping seeding after reaching specified ratio in Transmission settings, but it didn't work. I've searched for a script that will remove comleted/downloaded torrents and found out this one:

Can anyone help me how to use this script with "Script to process after torrent finishes" option on BitTorrent tab? Unfortunately I don't know how to create this script on my NAS and were to save it and what path to enter.

OK, so I did cut out the part about SD card failing and skipped to the plugin part - SORRY!
    Anyway I've did tried second card and that one didn't even boot, but there is a double facepalm picture here for a reason as I forgot to mention that I am using micro SD card with the SD adapter and after changing the micro cards I've realized that maybe, just maybe it would be a good idea to try different adapter.
    Long story short - I am using 8 GB micro card that wasn't working before, but with new SD adapter and for the moment it's working (few reboots and shutdowns.

Once again thanks for the help and sorry for my embarrassment.

Hi,
    I don't want to create new thread and my problem is similar, so I hope you don't mind I will post it here:
    I've just started using OMV on my BananaPi (RaspberryPi clone) and I was able to configure it with 8 GB SD card for system (Kralizec 1.15) and 64 GB USB flash drive (EXT4) for storage.
    My goal was to create a low power/cost media center that I will use for DLNA media streaming across my home network. I've done that by installing and configuring mini DLNA plugin and Samba. Next I wanted to use Transmission plugin to download media torrents that will later on be streamed across the network. Everything was working great (Samba, DLNA, Torrent) until I've turned off (shutdown) the device for the first time. After it was turned on again I can use web GUI, but I am unable to access data over Samba, my DLNA devices can connect but don't see stored media and Transmission is able to add new torrents, but they don't download (status changed to stopped after short time).
    I know that USB flash drives are not recommended, but the only other drives I have available are USB HDD (500 GB & 1TB), both using NTFS and with data on them. Is it worth to try external USB HDD? I'm asking instead of just testing it as I can't backup data from any of those two disk right now and setting any as EXT will cause issue on my Windows machine.
    Maybe someone had a simmilar issue and can help me with it?