Beiträge von jsTronix

Yes, I have been pouring through the pages of posts in the Guides section, this section, and the My NAS build section hoping to find something related to upgrading from 32bit to 64bit, but have yet to find anything of importance to me.

To ensure I understand correctly:

• backup my config.xml
    • shut down, remove all drives
    • reinstall my system drive in new system
    • start the installation process with the 64-bit ISO (assuming I can go straight to 2.1)
    • copy the config.xml back to /etc/openmediavault
    • shutdown
    • follow Post-Installation Steps section of the post you linked

Does that sound about right? I know this all sounds pretty n00bish, but I am just trying to save myself as much work as possible.

Thanks again,

jsTronix

I have not found much in the way of posts for hardware upgrades, so curious about pointers, potential failure points, etc. I will list my current and new (to me) hardware and software configuration.

Current machine:
    Home built (circa 2001, with changes due to device failures)
    AMD Sempron 2400+ (32bit single core)
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MB
    1 GB Memory (believe it was Corsair 333MHz or 166MHz DDR)
    Some SATA PCI card from Amazon
    (Qty 2) 2TB WD Red Drives SATA 3, no RAID, using cron to update backup drive
    80GB IDE drive (system drive)

New (to me) machine:
    Dell PowerEdge 840
    Intel Xeon x3220 (64bit quad core 2.4GHz)
    4GB ECC memory

I am running the Plex plugin with only music on the WD drives (old processor can't handle the transcoding, but intend to host video), a few small SMB shares, OpenVPN AS, owncloud, and a Mumble server outside of the OMV environment.

My quest is two-fold:
    1. Migrate to the new machine
    2. Upgrade to the latest 2.x version

Again, any pointers are appreciated, if there is a quick guide or step by step that I have missed, please let me know. I would also like to know if there is a list of system configs that need to be backed up to aid in a migration failure. I did see something about just moving the drives and running omv-firstaid, but I have not used this tool before and I would like to take advantage of the 64-bit processor, which I assume requires a new install.

Thank you,

jsTronix

I am in the US, and the motherboard I listed is the only one I have at this time.

Yes i built that machine to be my gaming machine in 2001. Was killer at the time. I have been carting it around for various purposes from that time.

Ok, thank you.

So if I infer correctly, my main problem is using a 32-bit processor? I had planned on upgrading to a new build for a server, but that will take some time to decide what I want.

Are the current apps for android, PS3 et al compatible with an older version? If not it pretty much negates the reasons for installing it in the first place.

Can this be remedied by running a manual OMV build on Arch?

Ok, The path is something along the lines of /media/eff4edf-3058-48e6-a528-18353808d787/plexmediaserver.

That folder is highlighted teal in output of ls command as well as folder blue text.

Using ls -a to follow the tree from there, there is Library folder and Application Support subfolder. No other files or folders found.

Thank you for the reply.

I only attempted the other methods after the init.d script wasn't working to try and troubleshoot. I assumed the server should start itself on boot.

The database is in the root directory of my WD Red drive. Well, the folder anyway. Nothing is in the folder at this point. This location is what is listed in the plugin settings tab of the web interface.

I performed the commands you requested, all of which were successful.

After reinstalling the plugin, setting the database directory and enabling the plugin, the start command has left my terminal hanging again at the same point.

My hardware is as follows:
    MB: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
    CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+
    Mem: 1GB DDR Corsair (2 dimms)
    IOCrest 4-port SATA II PCI card
    Older 80GB IDE HDD for OMV boot
    (2) WD Red 2TB drives. One is for storage, the other for backup. (Non-RAID setup)
    Running headless, no video card
    (3) various optical drives rounding out the IDE availability

Hello, all.

I have not been able to get the Plex plugin to run. Plex plugin version 1.0.10. Just updated today to attempt to get it to work, but no dice.

There have been no log files for Plex created.

When I attempt to run the init.d script, the terminal hangs at the "Starting Plex Media Server: " echo point.

When I attempt to run the /usr/sbin/start_pms or /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/start.sh, I get an "illegal instruction" error when calling ./Plex\ Media\ Server

When I attempt to run ./Plex\ Media\ Server by itself, it doesn't find the libboost-system library file.

There is nothing in the Application Support directory. Didn't know if there should be anthing at this point.

I have tried resolutions from other posts regarding removing the plugin via the web interface and purging, but these did no good (including rebooting in between).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks