Beiträge von username

I didn't remember that there was an armel syncthing package. I added the plugin to the repo for armel. You should be able to re-enable the repo.

The luks plugin is in the repo already for armel. What is the output of: apt-cache policy openmediavault-luksencryption

Hurra! That's a service! Thank you very much!!! ;) Go armel go!!! (400Mhz & 128MB RAM - The power to success! :D )

Just for info: armel is introduced in arm9 which is ARMv5 from 1997. That's awesome that omv can still support this almost 20 years old architecture!

Now updates are working again and I even found the luksencryption plugin after a refresh! Such a feeling of success this late Saturday evening!

Hey Folks!

I killed my apt-get update (alias omv-update).

After I added the "openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb" via GUI -> I got this:

Code
    [...]
    Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/main Sources
    Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/main armel Packages
    Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/main Translation-en

W: Failed to fetch https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/stoneburner-sync/dists/wheezy/Release  Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armel/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Tried again using the cli version and wget... same result as up

Looking in the file, it's true, there is no armel ;(

Architectures: amd64 armhf i386

Running: Shared Folders -> Reset Permissions

Code
    Changing owner to root:users ...
    Change directory permissions to 2775 ...
    Change file permissions to 664 ...
    Done...

Does a good job resetting the permissoions. I just don't know if I should hit [ ] 'Clear all ACL's'. But who knows...

For all new files/folders the following problem still exists :thumbdown:

What I figured out playing with the nfs share:

• PC1: Creating Folder X (Owner:User1)
    • PC2: Checking Folder X Owner -> User1

-> For Folder X User1 can manual set the permissions for all users to rw. Then PC2 has access.

• PC2: Creating Folder Y (Owner:nobody)
    • PC1: Checking Folder Y Owner -> User2

-> For Folder Y it's not possible to change the permissions. PC1 can't write in this folder.

Hey Ho!

I "moved" my shares from smb to nfs. Now I have troubles with permissions. I just set the folder permission of the share (rw) and none at user level.

The problem is that I use the same folders I had before with smb and there is still permissions on the folder. I didn't made a "reset" of the permissions yet - because I don't no where.

What I figured out playing with the nfs share:

• PC1: Creating Folder X (Owner:User1)
    • PC2: Checking Folder X Owner -> User1

-> For Folder X User1 can manual set the permissions for all users to rw. Then PC2 has access.

• PC2: Creating Folder Y (Owner:nobody)
    • PC1: Checking Folder Y Owner -> User2

-> For Folder Y it's not possible to change the permissions. PC1 can't write in this folder.

So my questions are: How to reset all the permissions of my folders that I'm able to read&write them all. And the other one is: How can I achieve no permission trouble's in the future?

I found this one relating to the second question:

You can do this using the following CLI command:

Code
    # update-rc.d cron-apt remove

Thanks, I did it!

Output:

But most important is this line I guess:

Zitat

update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

:thumbup:

Hi all!

I have some troubles with my little poor arm box. It has only around 250 BogoMIPS (resulting from a 400MHz CPU and 128MB RAM).

Zitat

BogoMips (from "bogus" and MIPS) is an unscientific measurement of CPU speed made by the Linux kernel when it boots to calibrate an internal busy-loop.[1] An oft-quoted definition of the term is "the number of million times per second a processor can do absolutely nothing".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BogoMips

I figured out that omv periodical does apt-checks:

Zitat

Open the OpenMediaVault WebGUI. Updates are listed in the section System > Update Manager. A cron job automatically checks for new updates once a day.

http://wiki.openmediavault.org…ates_to_OMV#Minor_Updates

I added a picture where you can see the apt-check and how it affects the speed: From 20MB/s to less than 1MB/s ;(

There's a way to do the updates check's only manual? How can I do this?
    And are there other things going heavy on cpu?

greetings

I continue here to ask another question which is related to my old solved issue.

Or better which is related with my move from SMB/CIFS to NFS.

I managed my old shares with different permissions per users. Now I use nfs and just have read-only or read&write shares. The problem which occurs now is that when I access my shares via nfs (which where former managed by samba) is that I don't have access on some folders and files.

I guess I need to go in OMV to shared folders and run the 'ACL'. Here I can reset permissions somehow. But who get's permissions here, I have no rights management on user-level?

I heard that there is a change to loose access to your files while playing with smb/cfs/nfs and even if you try to access them offline? That's why I'm asking. Is it also save to delete my users (as I don't need them any more)

Mercî 8)

That folder is still being used by SMB/CIFS.... You need to delete it from the SMB/CIFS Shares TAB.

You should not do what you did. I'm not sure if you config.xml file is OK now.

You genius! I didn't deleted the smb-shares - just deactivated them and turned the daemon off! Was not enough :whistling:

So when I delete them - there are not "used" anymore and I can kill kick them.

Documents is a bad example because this is one of the folder's I keep. It's already in use again with a nfs-export. Following is showing the folder "test"

What I did was actually this:

I took the HD (offline) where my share's are and delete a couple of them (or moved them around). Now there is only 4 folders left. So 5 are just gone. They don't exist any more, nobody can access them.

Now I made already my new shares (4 in total) with nfs-exports.

Now there are just these fragments in the GUI I can't get out. Let see :P

Did you check home folder for your users. One might be using a shared folder on that drive. If so disable it and set it back to none. Highlight the user and click on the Settings TAB to check.

Just checked all of them and they are clear. Never used that "home folder" feature in the past

Output of:
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Here we go:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                       1.19                          all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-cups                  1.0.9                         all          OpenMediaVault CUPS (network printer server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring               0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg          1.30                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

It's only for houskeeping not for the update, I just want less shares...

Good idea with the plugins. I will check that - maybe it's the extplorer?!

Hmmm, doesn't look like.
    Just uninstalled extplorer and it say's the shares are still in use. Also a reboot didn't help...

I have no daemons (except ssh) running.

Anymore ideas`? Who's touching my shares? :|