Beiträge von wandering_programmer

Looks like I was being stupid since I was excluding the /media folder from my du search assuming it was just all my other drives being mounted to the system disk. No apparently there was some failure or I misconfigured my SnapRAID setup and instead of writing the parity file to one of the disks, it was filling the system disk. Problem solved, and SnapRAID repaired. Thanks for your help.

Try the commands in the first "sticky" in he Updates/Upgrades section. It worked for me.

I tried the commands in these threads to no luck.
    "Welcome to nignx" or "It works!"
    Updated 1.9 to 2.1 no webgui after login

The first did nothing. The second thread I got the login prompt again and then nothing after it.

Also try the browser in private mode. If that works then you need to clear your cache browser

No dice.

Open the developer tools and check if there is a error shown. I assume that a plugin has brocken the JS UI code.

Could you be more specific on what I need to do here?

Last night I tried omv-firstaid with no luck. Tonight I decided to check out my system disk and it is full so I'm sure that is the problem. However, I can't figure out what is filling the disk.

The /proc/ pid listed as inaccessible is never a running thread that can be killed. I've tried killing and stopping various logging services to see if something is just holding a giant buffer open that it can't write to file and gotten no where. Top doesn't reveal any process hogging resources that is clearly causing issues. Reboots haven't gotten me anywhere.

Following this thread.
    Full system disk

And nothing looks out of control here to me.

I found the offending section in syslog, but I'm not super clear as to what is going on here.

After this point it is mostly space usage warnings for the next 2 logs. I just don't understand how it so quickly surpassed the threshold without tripping at like 85% or something.

HP N54L only do well on transcoding 720p video (most, but not all), 1080p doesn't work all (that's the reason I rebuild another one after getting N54L)

Probably getting a HP Gen 8, with a Xeon CPU swap (preferably a low voltage Xeon E3 as original heat sink only supports CPU with TDP <= 35W) can be a good idea. I saw it's cheap on Computer Universe.

From what I can see for prices here in the US that would seem to be more expensive than my current build. Since I can only find the HP Gen 8 ProLiant for about $450 and then the lowest priced Xeon E3 would be another $200-250. Am I just looking for the wrong things?

Hey everyone, I've been looking to do a NAS build for more than a year now and have slowly cycled through all the OS options before finally settling on OMV. I have a few questions about my build and compatibility since I just came out of the super paranoid world of Freenas. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Current Budget - ~$600
    Preferred Budget - ~$500

Current Build
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($71.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($81.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($120.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($120.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage:*ALREADY OWN* Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Storage:*ALREADY OWN* Laptop drive out of old Macbook Pro for primary OS install
    Case: Fractal Design Define Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($100.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series Fanless 460W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular Fanless ATX Power Supply ($125.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $682.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-04 13:07 EDT-0400

Goals For the Build
    The main intention for this box is to be a plex media server. I am hoping to not do a lot of transcoding, but I would like to give myself the wiggle room to do it when needed. My intention is to run RAID5 with WD Red 3TBx3 holding all the plex media and then probably a single 500GB drive I have laying around for some music and photo backups. Nothing on the server will be irreplaceable hence my move away from +$1000 Freenas build. I'm looking for a setup that will be quiet since it will be in my living room and not use a ton of power most of the time so I can just leave it up and running.

Questions
    1. Am I going to have any hardware compatibility issues with OMV? Being Debian instead of FreeBSD based seems to remove most of those kinds of issues.

2. Is there anything I can do to bring the price down without hurting my performance significantly or ability to add hard drives in the future? A power supply that would be cheaper would be great, but I'm not sure about the added noise of a fan and having enough sata connections.

3. Am I over thinking my performance requirements and I should toss this out and just go for like a N54L since with the hard drives that would be less than $400?

Any other advice you have would be greatly appreciated.