Beiträge von mraiwalmsley

Hi all

runnng omv 6.5..7-1

Just added a new raid array and want to copy my data from USB drive. I've got the usb backup plug installed

Also tried ssh to the device and copying data from the drive (mounted to /mnt/usb2) using cp but it keeps trying to copy from my home folder!

Examples of the folder structure on the USB are "pictures" "phloggerstuff" and "Backup"

I've already got the structure and shares on OMV done ready

If i use usb backuplug plugin, this is what I get:

Please wait, syncing '/srv/12b79a64d7ea1f2e72d437deeff072b3/Pictures/' to '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b6d42662-56f6-4d0f-ac97-c070b011a78e/pictures/' ...

sending incremental file list
    rsync: [sender] change_dir "/srv/12b79a64d7ea1f2e72d437deeff072b3/Pictures" failed: No such file or directory (2)

sent 19 bytes received 12 bytes 62.00 bytes/sec
    total size is 0 speedup is 0.00
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1333) [sender=3.2.3]
    ERROR: The synchronisation failed.

END OF LINE

I have attached my folder shares and drive list.

Can anyone please help.

Hi everyone

Got owncloud installed okay, i've setup shared folder on my OMV box, went it to owncloud web page and then shared this folder (andymobile) as externall storage. Confirm all people have access etc and green circle showing next to it and its pointing to the correct path /meida/265???????/pictures/AndyMobile

However when I download the android app and synch my account the folder "andyMobi"le does not appear.

If i look on OMV, under owncloud I see the share "andyMobile".

Note, all folders concerned have admin,openmediavault and my username as read,wrtie.

what am i doing wrong, i want to use my mobile to take pictures and upload to my omv folder, be great to even create folders each month on my phone and these synch to the OMV folder. Then i should be able to view these on my tv using samba share.

Please help

andy

Thanks, got this after reinstalling;

useradd: group 'vboxusers' does not exist
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-virtualbox (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 6
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-virtualbox

Cannot click on close, its stuck now.

hi

that worked fine, everything unpacked and installed fine.When i clicked on phpvirtualbox and entered username password i got htis:

Exception Object
    (
    [message:protected] => Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)
    [string:Exception:private] =>
    [code:protected] => 64
    [file:protected] => /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/ajax.php
    [line:protected] => 128
    [trace:Exception:private] => Array
    (
    )

[previous:Exception:private] =>
    )

Hi ryecoaaron again,

sorry that failed too earlier:
    Install build-essential.
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    build-essential is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
    Recompile VirtualBox module.
    Stopping VirtualBox kernel modules ...done.
    Recompiling VirtualBox kernel modules ...failed!
    (Look at /var/log/vbox-install.log to find out what went wrong)
    Load VirtualBox module.
    Starting VirtualBox kernel modules ...failed!
    (modprobe vboxdrv failed. Please use 'dmesg' to find out why)
    Restart vboxweb-service
    Starting VirtualBox web service ...fail!

hi there

when i installed virtualbox i get nothing but errors. As soon i click on virtual i get this error
    Error #64:exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/vboxconnector.php:210

i've run build-essentials and vboxdrv setup, they fail with error too and point me to this log /var/log/vbox-install.log

Makefile:183: *** Error: unable to find the sources of your current Linux kernel. Specify KERN_DIR=<directory> and run Make again. Stop.
    Makefile:183: *** Error: unable to find the sources of your current Linux kernel. Specify KERN_DIR=<directory> and run Make again. Stop.
    make KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 SUBDIRS=/tmp/vbox.0 SRCROOT=/tmp/vbox.0 CONFIG_MODULE_SIG= -C /lib/modules/3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64/build modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64'
    make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 \
    KBUILD_SRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-common \
    KBUILD_EXTMOD="/tmp/vbox.0" -f /usr/src/linux-headers-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-common/Makefile \
    modules
    test -e include/generated/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || ( \
    echo >&2; \
    echo >&2 " ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid."; \
    echo >&2 " include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
    echo >&2 " Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it."; \
    echo >&2 ; \
    /bin/false)
    mkdir -p /tmp/vbox.0/.tm

Can anyone please help???

Andy

hi ryecoaaron

Finally once got mysql working, wordpress seemed to install, i wouldnt say it was intuitive but hey its all done free.

I would just like to say i'm so greatful for your help, i hope karma comes around and you have a smile on your face. I'm trying to use my diy NAS build for all sorts of services (love owncloud). My next ones are VPN and r-sync, maybe see you on the forums.

Thank you

Andy :)

hi

Yes i tried resetting the root password, i thought you had to login as root - i tried root and my account with no luck. Whenever i click save or apply changes i get error occurred.

Is there a command line to change the password, so i can try this and logging on.

If you can get back with that i would like to try that before doing a teamviewer session.

appreciate help, what i love about linux, i work in windows helpdesk environment, its very different!

hi there
    Thanks for help, unfortunately after following instructions im back with same issue, after fresh install every time i change and hit save i get error occured - thats it.

If i open https://192.168.1.200/mysql the page opens and asks for logon details. I've tried root and my password, i've tried the default wordpress generated ones too. Always says database connection failed to server. What username and password am i supposed to be using - its not clear.

I get 404 error if i try https://192.168.1.200/wordpressPlease can you help, its driving me mad, what am i doing wrong?

Is everything working and another plugin is causing the error occuredd?

Andy

hi

yes setup again a new folder (wordpress2), ran the chmod too. Ihave manually tried service to no avail

back on this error:
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mysql' start 2>&1': Starting MySQL database server:

I have tried the webpage (192.168.1.200/mysql) and gives usual 404 error (nginx). Why is nginx here, shouldnt it be apache?

aNDY

hi everyone

I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled. I've renabled wordpress.

I set up a share folder (wordpress) and given access to me,admin and mysql for read/write.
    i've changed bind ip to 0.0.0.0 (though the machine i use is 192.168.1.200)

Once i clicked enable or change root password on mysql, i now get this error:
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mysql' start 2>&1': Warning: World-writable config file

this any use to you?

hi everyone,

I'm still a newbie with Linux and wondered if anyone can help install Wordpress. I've followed some threads that say you have to install mysql first, this is done, you get to the mysql login page.

Then i have clicked on wordpress and set a password for the mysql section and told it to install db. I just get "error occured".

Can someone please help me install wordpress, i love OMV and everything so far has been okay to setup. if you need any logs or results of command line, please ask just tell me what to run.

cheers

Andy :)