Beiträge von flvinny521

It seems that adjusting the timeout setting in the Deluge plugin can cause you to get locked out of the webUI permanently. I had tried setting it to -1, intending for this to disable the timeout completely. Instead, I am immediately asked for my password again and again. I haven't figured out how to resolve it other than uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.

Edit: Apparently it's not just me - https://twitter.com/bentkwillis/status/594921547900452864

I had the same issue; simply install as you normally would from the USB with all other data disks detached, and when you get to that failure message, there should be an option to cancel or go to the installation menu (I don't know the exact wording). Simply remove the USB installation drive at this time, and choose the option in the installation menu that corresponds with installing GRUB, and it should complete the installation successfully.

Thank you for your help. Based on the comments at the beginning of the script, it sounds like it will automatically run a sync for me (unless too many files are missing, at which point I am alerted). So in that case, I wouldn't need to schedule a sync in the Scheduled Jobs, because I can choose how often to run the script by editing "Scrub Frequency" and the Sync will happen automatically. Also, is there anything else I need to do in order to make it start at boot? Or does this happen automatically as long as the plugin is enabled?

I apologize if these are very basic questions, but not only am I new to OMV, I am also new to SnapRAID. Some of the plugin's default settings confuse me. My brother uses SnapRAID on his own Windows-based server, so I had him take a look as well, but he is also not certain about some things. Is there a simple tutorial anywhere that I've missed? I read the guide, but this only tells you how to create an array and repair one with a damaged disk, and doesn't really explain any of the settings in the plugin.

First, what is the Diff Script? Is this an automatic sync? Or do I need to schedule one myself in the "Scheduled Jobs?"

Does the "Scrub Frequency" setting literally determine how often an automatic scrub runs? If so, doesn't it make more sense to have an automated sync than a scrub? Or does this setting instead correlate with the "-o" parameter? My brother has mentioned that parameter has a default setting of 10, so the plugin's setting of 7 doesn't seem too far off. As I understand it, a file less than 7 days old will not be scrubbed.

Then, for the "Scrub Percentage" setting, is this the "-p" parameter? If so, isn't SnapRAID's default setting only 12? At a setting of 100, that means the entire array will be checked every time a scrub is executed, which could take more than a full day to run. Am I completely off base with how I am interpreting these settings?

bcache / flashcache / dmcache

I'm completely new to Linux, so I looked these up and it seems like EnhanceIO is supposed to be the new king. Still, I'm not sure if I want to delve into this world just yet; I'd like to have a simple, stable server before over-complicating things. I will keep this in mind though, so thank you.

Sorry for the double-post; seems that this is an issue with some Gigabyte motherboards, but I finally pried open the case enough to fit the card in the x16 PCI-e slot, and updating to a newer BIOS has solved the problem.

It's a Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD3h. I've found a few others using GA-Z77x boards that had similar issues. Next steps will be to ensure that the BIOS is fully updated and try to squeeze the card into the first PCIe slot; those seem to be the only suggestions I've found so far.

No, I've tried two separate PCIe slots, one is an 8x and the other a 4x. The "main" one, a 16x slot, is empty because the back of the case is slightly bent and it's hard to get any expansion card seated correctly.

The card was receiving power in both slots as the green light did illuminate.

I've seen others mention that they use this same LSI card with OMV without issue, but unfortunately my system does not seem to recognize the card. I first installed it in a Windows machine and was able to Ctrl-C into the card's BIOS, where I confirmed the P19 firmware in IT mode. I then moved the card to my OMV machine, but unfortunately I am not prompted to enter the card's BIOS and OMV can not see the physical disks that I have attached to it. Should this be as simple as installing the Linux drivers for the card (even though others have mentioned support for the card is built in to the Linux kernel already)?

I know Mylar was included in the couchpotato/headphones/etc script that has been replaced by the plugins, so is there any plan to include mylar as a plugin as well?

Also, what system are people using to host their comic collection? I primarily read mine on a dedicated iPad; any tips on a setup that's working well for somebody?

I use a 120GB SSD for my OMV system drive. I have a spare 240GB SSD that I am contemplating throwing in the server, but is there really anything useful that can be done with it? I am using SnapRAID, Subsonic, Plex, Couchpotato, Sonarr, SABNzbd, and Deluge plugins. Can the SSD be utilized in order to speed up the operation of these services in any way? Should I use it as a backup of the main system drive? If so, what's the best way to do that?

Or will this drive be better used in my desktop or another PC?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this issue seems to persist. I'm testing Transmission, but I think I'd prefer a client more comparable to uTorrent. Are there any other options besides uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling directly from the deluge repository?

Also, after installing either the current version or 1.35, the dialog box never says "Done," so it's a little concerning for a new user like me. It looks like the process may not actually have completed.

I've created an mhddfs pool over several drives of varying sizes - one 4TB, two 2TB, and four 1TB. I chose mhddfs after reading several threads on these forums which seemed to indicate it was the better choice, slightly slower performance but more stable (at least until LayerFS). I set the threshold to 100%, hoping to mimic aufs by striping the data more evenly across the drives. However, it appears that the drive is selected based on the number of free bytes, rather than the percentage of the drive that is free, so of course all the writes are done to the single 4TB drive (I transferred my music collection to the pool via ftp and only the 4TB drive was utilized). Is there a way to change this behavior so that the drive is chosen based on percentage? Is this a terrible idea and not something I would want anyway?

It looks like the stable is the latest version. I was unable to install even the stable version using the 1.05 version of the plugin; only the 1.07 version in the testing repo worked for me.

Edit: Nevermind... After uninstalling and reinstalling about a dozen times, it appears that the 1.07 plugin does allow me to install the app, but not the beta version. This will have to do for now.

I have been a user of Madsonic on Windows for a while. I would love to see that as an plugin, but at this time, I can't even get the regular Subsonic plugin to install properly.

I'm a long time subsonic user on Windows, and it's one of the main plugins I want for OMV. I've installed the Subsonic 1.05 plugin through the WebUI. When I navigate to the Subsonic menu and choose to "Upgrade Subsonic" OR "Upgrade Subsonic Beta," the dialog box appears, I click start, and then nothing happens. I can wait for several minutes and nothing populates that box. If I close it and navigate around the menus and then back to the Subsonic menu, sometimes nothing happens at all and it shows that Subsonic has not been installed, and sometimes an error message pops up.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin several times. Is there a way I can uninstall and wipe all leftover data completely and maybe try manually installing the 1.06 or 1.07 plugin manually?

Edit: Got one of those errors:

Edit: Another (about 50 minutes after original post)

I apologize if I missed this, but is there a plan to include drive temperature monitoring in this plugin? Or is there another that already exists with this function?

Oh, and it took my server about 5 minutes before the temp monitor showed up as well, which I read was happening to others on the last page.

It certainly seemed that way, so I booted into GParted and partitioned every hard drive again (system and data) before installing to the same SSD. This time, everything seems to be going well. In the Filesystems menu, my system drive shows up only once with the correct amount of available space, and all the other drives are correctly identified as ext4. It seems that the NTFS file system that was used on this disk prior to OMV wasn't cleared appropriately the first time.