Beiträge von Sheriff

Hi,

I tried to upgrade OMV 2 > 3 with omv-release-upgrade

The last lines I got;

After that I rebooted but can't get in the web gui

The result of dpkg -l | grep openm;

Do I need to uninstall some plugins? And what to do after that, omv-release-upgrade again?

Thanks in advance!!

Yes, I think so. But then you don´t need the autoshutdown plugin ;)
    There are some hints if autoshutdown doesn´t work: What can I do, if autoshutdown doesn't work

I love the autoshutdown plugin so that's no option ;)

Thanks, but those issues are not really comparable to mine. I will just leave it as it is with verbose logging on and check the logs next time it happens. It's not a big problem, just a little annoying.

Also considering to upgrade to OMV 3 but I actually want to wait until it's officially 'stable'

Thanks again!

Hi,

I´ve been using autoshutdown for a while now. It´s working fine for most of the time but sometimes it shuts down right after I wake it up. The script shouldn´t start for 5 minutes, which is also stated in the log, but something is wrong.

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks in advance!

1.05 is really outdated, latest is 1.11, perhaps you use atmel or other hardware and use other repos that i can see?

Don't know, just installed trough OMV-Extra's which is version 1.30. Are notifications possible in version 1.11? Any way I can update?

I installed version 1.05 from the testing repo and it's working fine. Graphs showing after I logged out and back in to the webinterface. Are you planning on implementing notifications, that would be nice?

Thanks for the plug-in!

Well, I got it working :) I used another method;

I installed Debian Wheezy netinst without network
    I installed the same version on a VM without network
    I activated network on the VM afterwards and installed build-essential and headers packages
    I copied the packages from the VM to my NAS box and installed them, after that I could make the correct driver for the NIC
    Then I manually installed OMV and got it working!

I do get a monit error now when I want to apply the settings for file system, I will look into this and post in a different thread when I need your help again ;)

Thanks guys!

What I did was install Debian 7.8.0 netinst without network connection. After that I installed make and gcc packages via USB stick. Then I installed the NIC driver and set up the connection. I then added the repos and installed OMV by hand but got all kinds of error messages. I can get in the webinterface but I got the feeling the installation is not stable and thus want to make a clean install.

I do have a WLAN stick and could try to install OMV with that and install the backport kernel before connecting the intel NIC.

Thanks again for your quick reply Dennis!

So you think my best option is to install debian netinst 7.8.0. Then install the network driver by hand and OMV manually and then insatall the backport-kernel? I do not have a spare PCIe NIC and they are pretty expensive. The board doesn´t have an old fashion PCI slot.

I installed Wheezy, the last stable 7.8.0 netinst. I did search the forum and the rest of the internet but it seems impossible to install debian with this NIC. The funny thing is that the NIC isn't even that new and a e1000e driver gets loaded but it's the wrong driver.

Thanks for the reply. When I manualy install debian and install the driver afterwards it does work but manual omv install is not a succes for me. Is it possible to install omv on the disk in another machine and move the disk back to the NAS box afterwards?

Well, I got the system together. I had some problems to start with since I got the MB with an old firmware which didn´t support the CPU but got the firmware upgraded with an older CPU.

Now my next problem is installing OMV. When I run the setup my NIC doesn´t get the correct driver. After some searching I found that there are a lot of problems when it comes to installing Debian when you have a Intel I217-V NIC.

Even when I try to install Debian 7.8.0 from the CD-iso there is no correct driver.

Do you guys have any idea how I can get this to work? I do not have a spare NIC laying around for installation as I read to be a solution.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick reply guys!

Would you think it is better to use then, JBOD or no raid set at all? I have a 1TB USB 3.0 disk around for backup which I could use or look for an online solution for my crucial data.

What about the CPU, should I go for the i3 or the cheaper G3258, don't know if it's worth it?

Thanks again for your help!

Hello everyone,

I am new in the NAS world and also new to OMV. I wanted to have a NAS for a long time and have been searching around for a while now. I checked Synology, which I find to expensive. I checked FreeNas which I think is overkill for me and then I found OMV which I think is great!. I am rather familiar with Debian so that is a plus and it would suffice my needs I think.

I want to use my NAS as a file server, want to set up OwnCloud, use it as a download station with SabNZB, couchpotato etc. and I want to use it as a Plex media server to stream to just 1 or 2 devices.

I looked around and made a list of components which I think should be enough for what I want and have the possibility to upgrade if needed.

CASE: Fractal Design Node 304
    MB: ASRock Z87E-ITX 100 6xSATA+Intel LAN
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 OR Pentium G3258
    RAM: Crucial CT102464BA160B 8GB DDR3
    PSU: Cooler Master GM G550M
    DISKS: 3x WD Red SATA 6 Gb/s WD20EFRX, 2TB in RAID5 + a 128GB SSD for OS+OMV which I take from my current system

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!