I get a ZIP file (openvpn-pi.zip) containing:
    pi-ca.crt
    pi-client.conf
    pi-client.crt
    pi-client.key
    pi-client.ovpn

Then, I unzip it on my PC and:
    - On Windows 7, I put files in "C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config"
    - On Android 5.1, I put files on it and then import "pi-client.ovpn" (import is successfully done)

Looking at the content of pi-ca.crt, content seems not to be relevant:
    E = mail@host.domain
    2.5.4.41 = changeme
    CN = changeme
    OU = changeme
    O = Fort-Funston
    L = SanFrancisco
    S = CA
    C = US

This is default information of /etc/open/easy-rsa/2.0/vars

For information, I saw that certificates (server (and client)) manually generated were different to the certificate of the pi user created from the web gu. Indeed, some of the above information like 'changeme' info. were displayed for pi user, so it does not match with the server certificate.

Is the certificate generation from the web gui reliable?

Thanks for port forwarding information.

I tried to generate them by myselft because initialy I tried with the web gui but it did not work. I have uninstalled the plugin, then "apt-get purge openvpn" and then remove openvpn folder to install it again.

I ticked 'openvpn' in group list of pi user, then certifcate was generaed from web gui and downloaded to put it in 'config' folder of OpenVPN client.

But, still got issues:
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:17 2015 192.168.1.14:61529 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:19 2015 192.168.1.14:61530 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:19 2015 192.168.1.14:61530 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:19 2015 192.168.1.14:63750 Re-using SSL/TLS context
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:19 2015 192.168.1.14:63750 LZO compression initialized
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:19 2015 192.168.1.14:63750 Control Channel MTU parms [ L:1542 D:138 EF:38 EB:0 ET:0 EL:0 ]
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:19 2015 192.168.1.14:63750 Data Channel MTU parms [ L:1542 D:1450 EF:42 EB:135 ET:0 EL:0 AF:3/1 ]
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:19 2015 192.168.1.14:63750 Local Options hash (VER=V4): '530fdded'
    Tue Jan 27 17:39:19 2015 192.168.1.14:63750 Expected Remote Options hash (VER=V4): '41690919'

For PolarSSL message, I think it is not possible to choose. I tried also with 'OpenVPN for Android' but it did not work also.

Any idea?

Hi,

I installed OpenVPN plugin (via "OMV-Extras.org", I ticked "VPN", and then installed"openmediavault-openvpn 1.1" from Plugins).

Then, I create certificates with the following commands via SSH :

1/ Edit vars (export KEY_DIR, export KEY_COUTRY, etc.)

Code
    nano /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/2.0/vars

2/ Open the folder

Code
    cd /etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/2.0/

3/ Use vars

Code
    source ./vars

4/ Delete existing certificates

Code
    ./clean-all

5/ Generate certificate authority and certificate key (client):

Code
    ./build-ca

6/ Generate certificate authority and certificate key (server):

Code
    ./build-key-server myserver.no-ip.org

7/ Generate BUILD DIFFIE-HELLMAN PARAMETERS (necessary for the server end of a SSL/TLS connection)

Code
    ./build-dh

8/Generate a key to use with tls-auth which adds an additional HMAC signature to all SSL/TLS handshake packets

Code
    openvpn --genkey --secret /etc/openvpn/keys/ta.key

9/ Change permisssions to see certificates and keys from eXtplorer

Code
    chmod 755 /etc/openvpn/keys/

Then, I forwarded 1194 UDP port on my router. Should I do the same with the firewall of OMV? If yes, how to populate 'source', 'destination', etc. fields?

For information, here below the content of "/etc/openvpn/server.conf" (with comments removed):

When trying to connect using "OpenVPN GUI v5" on Windows, the following log is displayed:

On OMV side, I had the following log:

Besides, On Android 5.1 when using OpenVPN Connect, the following message is displayed:

Code
    OpenVPN server certificate verification failed : PolarSSL: SSL read error : X509 - Certificate verification failed, e.g. CRL, CA or signature check failed.

I have tried several time to find information but still no solved. Any reason why the connection does not work?

Regards

Go idea for the boot script to expand the partition to fill the rest of the MicroSD card.

After doing the following command via SSH:

Then, I was able to mount the partition and create a Shared folder :)

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I would prefer to say that is the problem when this cannot be done directly via the GUI directly for lambda users. Indeeed, this should be more user-friendly instead of using Gparted (even if it is a very good tool).
    I have only tried to find information, and I guess you would agree that it is better than asking without trying something by ourself.

Anyway, I tried to mount the partition /dev/mmcblk0p4 via the web interface before using

Code
    nano /etc/fstab

However, the partition was not mounted. A message was displayed (sorry, I did not keep a record of it).

Maybe I can do another fresh install to get this message again.

Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

Actually, I succeeded to create a partition using this method:
    http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_…partitions_.28Optional.29

In File Systems, following information are displayed:

DeviceLabelFile SystemCapacityAvailableUsedMountedReferencedStatus
    /dev/mmcblk0p1Bootvfat 55.95 MiB 36.99 MiB 18.95 MiDYesNoOnline
    /dev/mmcblk0p2omvext4 3.18 GiB 1.71 GiB 1.31 GiDYesYesOnline
    /dev/mmcblk0p3rrdcacheext4 119.96 MiB 109.48 MiB 1.51 MiDYesNoOnline
    /dev/mmcblk0p4dataext4 25.71 GiB 24.34 GiB 43.93 MiDYesNoOnline

However, the volume cannot be selected when trying to add a Shared folder (only 'rrdcache' is available in the list).

Any reason why this volume cannot be selected?

PS: I also use information of the link below for comparison to what I see on mine
    http://en.jose-crispim.pt/arti…penmediavault.html#p2_3_3

Regards,

Hello,

I downloaded and installed "omv_1.17_rpi_rpi2.img" on a Raspberry Pi 2 with Owncloud plugin. Installations were ok.

However, I saw that only a part of the size of the micro SD card is used. So, I would like to use the free space to store Owncloud data, etc.

On "http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/" page, it is mentionned that we "Can create another partition on SD card or use usb hard drive for data storage".
    I tried to find information on the forum but nothing on it (unless I am mistaken)

I have tried the raspi-config to expand the partition 2 but it did not work because "root partition is not the last one" (if I remenber well. Maybe due to the SWAP partition?).
    Then, I tried to manually rezise partitions (using the below link) but it did not work:
    http://elinux.org/RPi_Resize_F…e_SD_card_on_Raspberry_Pi

Is there a simple way to create this new partition and make it accessible for Owncloud? Or should I tried the following method?
    http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_…partitions_.28Optional.29

Regards