Beiträge von DannyBiker

I would use plex in a docker. The plugin may go away soon because there are too many issues especially changes in the plex package itself. Don't equate OMV's stability with plex though...

Yeah, I actually edited my message to correct myself already.
    Honestly, last time I tried the Docker plug-in, it led to other issues as well. I will probably start using a ubuntu vm for the moment as a plex server.

Yeah I encountered an issue with DNS in the past and updated the network configuration to fix it. I can ping google fine and I get the updates.

I do get a "Distribution conflict" message for "https://downloads.plex.tv public InRelease" with the "apt-get update" but it doesn't seem to generate an error.

It's simply gone. Nothing has changed in my config (either omv, plex or router), the only thing I did was updating the plugin.

I must say that that makes me consider once again to drop OMV as a plex server; it's too unstable.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer ! Sorry I didn't answer before but I have a more details about it to try to fix it for good.

So the issue is connected to the fact that I recently installed the docker plugin to test it out. I ended up not having the time to do so, so I forgot about it until an update of the docker plug-in (docker-engine (17.03.0~ce-0~debian-wheezy) wheezy) started failing. I'm getting this error, repeated literally hundreds of times in the log :

Since that docker update started to fail, the plex server plugin would fail to load properly anytime it was updated itself. The only "solution" for now that I found is to either install or uninstall the docker plugin. When I do that, the plex server is back and running....until it needs to be updated again.
    Note that even when the docker plugin is uninstalled, I still get the notification for the "docker-engine (17.03.0~ce-0~debian-wheezy) wheezy" update and it still fails with the same error.

I know it's a bit all over the place but any suggestion to fix this for good ? The ideal solution for me would be to get both plex and docker running as I would like to test the plex container for docker instead of using the omv plug-in but being able to uninstall docker for good would work too.

Thanks.

Hello,

I just performed an update of my plexemediaserver plugin and it's now not connecting. When I try to activate/deactive it in the OMV UI, I get the following error :

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; update-rc.d 'plexmediaserver' disable 2>&1': update-rc.d: error: no runlevel symlinks to modify, aborting! update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

I tried rebooting OMV but no luck, the server is still missing.

What can I do ?

Just when my wife was about to start watching the last episode of her show... :(

Thank you.

Hello again,

I'm planning to run OMV in Proxmox on my Microserver Gen8. Here's my setup : sda, sdb and sdc are storage-intended HDD while sdd is the promox SSD, with an OMV VM created in it. My plan is to mount the storage disks in OMV and deal with the file systems/sharing options in OMV. Other VM's will access these drives from OMV shares...

After many hours, I successfully managed to mount the sda, sdb and sdc disks to the OMV VM through the "qm set <vmid> --ideX /dev/sdX" command in proxmox's shell. OMV sees them in the Physical Disks menu (as sdb,sdc,sdd...sda being the VM itself):

However, whenever I tried to start using them, whether its in the File Systems menu or the NFS/SMB shares, they don't show in the "Device" dropdown menu. It stays black and I'm stuck.

Any idea on why I can see them but not manage them ?

Hello,

I recently purchased a Gen 8 and I've been struggling to set it up as I'm a n00b when it comes to semi-pro servers; but the point of the purchase was to learn about it !

I'm trying to run OMV in Proxmox. The installation process goes fine but when I launch OMV for the first time, I'm getting the "No network interfaces" message; I don't get an IP to access OMV Web Gui.
    What I want to do is to set a static IP for the OMV VM; from my first researches it seems that I need to do so in OMV directly...I tried to mess around with the /etc/network/interfaces with no real luck.

There's something I must be missing here.

Do you have any suggestion or tutorial to share with me ?

Thank you and thanks to the devs of OMV, this is an amazing project !