Beiträge von Extruckie

I found that the issue of not being able to access the webgui is a Chrome issue. I can access thru another browser.

I tried to unmount the array without success, the only thing I can think is that I am not doing something correctly

I changed the status back to active. I have 2 issues I can't seem to resolve.

1) after system boot I get an email
    This is an automatically generated mail message from mdadmrunning on openmediavaultA SparesMissing event had been detected on md device /dev/md0.Faithfully yours, etc.P.S. The /proc/mdstat file currently contains the following:Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] md0 : active (auto-read-only) raid5 sdd[2] sda[0] sdc[3] sdb[4] 5860150272 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU] bitmap: 0/15 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunkunused devices: <none>I cant seem to fix it. I cannot get into the webgui to work on the array
    2) I cannot use mdadm to shut down the array to re-add the failed disk. The array is up and active Any suggestions?

All i get is the blue screen as seen attached

My Bad

My monitor is connected to a box I now use as a server. It was my old desktop.

My hardware is in my signature.
    I boot the server and after it comes in about 5 min the screen goes dark.
    I have an upcoming project that I wish to keep the screen on longer while I am running.
    After that I wish to reset it as it is now.

Success!

That took care of it. had to turn off the array with mdadm stop cmd.
    Restarted with mdadm. it skipped the bad drive and everything is back.

I rebooted the OMV box and it came up with a degraded raid .
    I can now access the raid array and map to the shared folders on it.

Thanks Votdev and SerErris for your input.

:thumbup:

Thanks.
    I ordered a new drive and will restart the array later today. I will post anything else

I’m not sure if it’s current. But there is nothing that I don’t have elsewhere

Thanks
    I don't have time to do it now.
    I will have to wait until I get back home from work.
    I do have one question, Can I do it with the failing drive in place or wait until I replace it?

Here is the output of the script

Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md0 : inactive sdb[0](S) sda[1](S) sdc[3](S) sdd[2](S)
    7813534048 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>

Looks like OMV doesn't see the drives They show up on under the disk screen.
    I have attached images of the disk screen and the smart screen.

Sorry for duplicate post. I got an error when I posted it and didn't think it went thru. I quit after second error

How is the output of

Bash
    # cat /proc/mdstat

I entered this into the box thru putty and the cursor just sits there. After i restarted the machine i got the following emails

Does not exist Service php-fpm

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 05:32:21
    Action: restart
    Host: openmediavault
    Description: process is not running

Your faithful employee,
    Monit

Exists Service php-fpm

Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 05:32:52
    Action: alert
    Host: openmediavault
    Description: process is running with pid 770

Your faithful employee,
    Monit

Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-Storage Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 05:32:52 Action: alert Host: openmediavault Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-Storage is not a mountpointYour faithful employee,Monit X( Not I know what the last one means but not sure ho to fix it.Thanks

I have an array of 4 disk identical 2TB disks.
    I installed a new network card to speed up the data transfer on my OMV box. After installing it I got a lost disk error and it would lock up the machine.
    I removed the card and now I cannot access the array. I can see all 4 disks on the Interface but not under the raid screen.

When booting the machine I get "A start job is running for dev-disk-by.xxx" with a 90 second timer.
    I guess below is the real trouble. How do I restore me array in an degraded state so my data is usable until I can get a replacement drive?
    Or do I need to fix the mount point but I do not see the array listed in the raid menu.
    Is it FUBAR? Or can it be fixed?

Thanks
    PS. After it is running i get the following email.

"Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-Storage Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 20:01:38 Action: alert Host: openmediavault Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-id-md-name-openmediavault-Storage is not a mountpointYour faithful employee,Monit"

Hello
    I have used OMV for over a year until last January 31, when we had a fire that damaged our apartment.
    I at the time was running OMV 2.x and had a very stable install.
    I recently got my OMV server back up this weekend. I downloaded 3.0 and installed it.
    I am having several problems with plugins and such. I do have the OMV box configured for SMB/CIF and that is working fine.
    I tried to remove the openmediavault-extras plug in and get this error Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': E:Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list (URI parse)E:The list of sources could not be read.
    What can I do? My linux skills are very limited but I can muddle thru if given some assistance.
    Also Where do I access the cmd line in the gui I can't seem to find it? I do have putty and can ssh into the box easily.

Thanks