Beiträge von nebrios

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

The only difference (other than two extra shares) is one system is a Local Master and the other isn't. I don't think that would cause disconnections. Everything else is identical. I have many more than 2 smb services running on one lan. So, no problem there. Change the log level under Advanced settings to see why the system is disconnecting.

how can i activate this log?

Zitat von "davidh2k"

Pleaaaaaaase use Code Boxes, i edited them around your configs. They do alot for visibility of the Thread.

Greetings
    David

ups! sorry and thanks.

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

If you didn't have the problem with 0.3, it must be a difference in how the samba config file is written by the plugin. The only way to really know is if you still have a copy of the smb.conf file from 0.3 and compare it to the 0.4 smb.conf. Is it always the same 5 systems?

The OMV servers are independient. This is the smb.conf of the first:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second server omv (with the problems) ahve this conf:

The second server are running in the same lan of the first. maybe running 2 smb service in one lan? :shock:

Zitat von "davidh2k"

Did you check the Box for "reconnecting at startup" when configuring the network drive?

Greetings
    David

yep, in each one.

thanks!

Hello!,

i have a problem with the networks drives in windows pc's . We have 2 servers NAS with OMV. The previus version 0.3 dont have any problem, but the new server it's having troubles. When a windows user restart the pc , the network drive lose conection and we have to reconnect them every time. any ideas? 5 of 40 users app are having this problem .

Thanks!

Thanks for the answers!, finally in my case don't need the ntfs, so i go for the ext3. :D

Hi!

Its possible make a ntfs filesystem? The OMV WebUI just can do EXT3,4 JFS & XFS. :!:

and trying manually in console:

root@openmediavault:~# mkfs.ntfs /dev/sdc
    -bash: mkfs.ntfs: command not found

thanks!

Hi Community,

I need to know something about omv. it's possible see some registry in the log about the movement/deletion of a file ? Actually i see the logs in /var/log and just i found the access of the files.

Thanks!

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

If you mean for use in the OMV GUI there are no plans at this time to allow other users and type of restricted or full access in the OMV GUI. Or do you mean root (superuser) powers in command line?

Thanks for the answer!, we just need another user with administrative power in OMV GUI, just for edit passwords and add users. :)

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Did you check the Public checkbox and Browseable checkbox? Or do you want only users in OMV to have access?

Yes, we want only users in OMV have access to this folders. Actually im changing the old folders user owners.

Greetings!

We need help to configure a OMV server. The users have problems to connect from windows desktops and see the folders.

First, we rescue a disk ext2 from a FreeNas server. This this was changed to ext3, because OMV can't mount ext2.

Our configuration is the next.

Storage > Filesystem: /dev/sdb1, volume "disco1" etx3, mounted, status online.

Users> All users in groups "users, guest" - in shell /bin/false.
    Users Settings > No enable user home directory.

Group > "guest" (we can't modify "users" account) - All users are in "guest" group.

Shared Folders> We have 2 shared folders from the volume "disco1"

- name: respaldos
    - volume: disco1
    - path: Respaldos2/ (the folder that contain the information for our users)
    - used: yes

-Shared Forlders> Privileges: All user have Read/Write privileges.
    -Shared Forlders> ACL: No users/gruop selected.

Extra options:
    Owner > 1047 > Read/Write
    Group> users > Read/Write
    Others > Read Only

The second folder have the same configuration.

Service> SMB/CIFS

General Settings> Enable

Workgroup: WORKGROUP
    Description: %h Server

Home Directories: Enable, Browseable

Log Level : Full

DNS Service Discovery: Enable
    Name: %h - SMB/CIFS

Please if someone have any idea because this configuration don't work, we really appreciate your help. Actually our client really need this server working.