Beiträge von loveplay1983

hi all,nice to meet you here and thanks for all your help.i just installed a new omv on my small computer,and i could not find any working network card.the fact is i have installed this omv on a thumb drive and it was done on another computer,later i plug it and put it on another computer.the reason why i have so is beacause the second computer which i have put my thumb on on could not recognize the usb boot driver so i installed my OMV on another computer.Everything seems fine when i try to boot the computer and when i hit "ifconfig" i can only find "lo",no anything else like "eth0 eth1",no idea how to deal with this,was that because i have done the installation on a different computer?? but i remember i have done it before .please help me out,very appreciate. thank you!!!! :):(:thumbup:;(

During the installation process,there is a step where you can set ip address manually.and after the installation let me choose the ftp mirro or something like that,i skipped that step,and installation process told me if i skip that step which let me choose the ftp mirro address close to my position the result of that is i will have a minimum system without any update,and i did it,reboot it.the weird thing is i can not boot the system without my usb thumdrive.it is the point lol,,wish you can help me ,thanks very very much.

hi all,i am new here,nice to meet you.i been working around openmediavault for a while.I have an omv that is installed on my office desktop,i used it as my small office NAS.Couple days ago,my bro came to my house and he gave me a Dell poweredge 2950 and said he wants me to make a NAS for his school,simply just for sharing files between coworkers.I tried to install omv with my usb thumbdrive the newest version,i got some problem which is preventing me to finish the installation:
    1.The server got 2 Gigabit NICs,whatever i plug my network cable into either one of them,they could not get an ip address from router DHCP.
    2.I forced to assign the static ip address and finished the installation and it looks like worked,i could remotely login by using web interface.i just did not understand why.
    3.After i updated all stuffs,i rebooted the system,the system could not boot,i had to plug my thumbdrive into server and choose boot from my usb thumbdrive and it worked,the system ran again,
    If anyone can give me any idea would be very appreciate,thanks a lot,i am a bit of hasty. :P