Beiträge von gon123

Ok, I installed debian 7.8 and I could use graphics, no best resolution but I guess after install backports or linux-firmware-nonfree I will have different resolutions.
    I tested omv and it worked perfect over the debian installation

Tomorrow I wil try a fresh install because I was getting crazy with so many systems, grub, etc. It's a mesh. And you have to add the problem with the nic, so yes, I have too many problems to make a simple install lol.
    After all I think there is hope for my config.

I suspossed that but then it could be possible with newer drivers or recompiling the core.

Yesterday I installed xorg version from jessie and when I tires to run xinit I didn't get any errors but I didn't start.
    With wheezy repository xorg I got, DeviceID 0X401 not found or something similar.

Is omv 3.0 been built over debian jessie? Can ppl donwload it to try it? Thx!

I have just installed ubuntu server on another disk, I installed kodi and xorg server and it works.
    I'm surprissed because its ubuntu 14.04 and I can see it's build over linux 3.16 so, this makes me think that debian could also works with my graphics, why not?
    But I don't know how.

Ubuntu server it's just an ubuntu without desktop and other apps, I would preffer to have omv, ubuntu has no nas plugins or functions.
    I will keeping searching to see if I found some info about the problem.

Ya, yo tampoco, yo apliqué una por mi cuenta porque me solucionaba el error que no me dejaba compilar.
    Pero como te digo a mí no me sucede eso de reiniciarse al suspender, puede que ese cambio tenga algo que ver.

Yo puedo hacer un tutorial, aunque está bastante bien explicado leyendo todo ese post.
    También se puede distribuir el ko, pero lo bueno que tiene hacerlo tú, a parte de aprender, es que no importa la distro.

I would help you but I dont know too much about omv plugin coding.
    Make the script work was easy but where to start with plugins?

Utilizo el kernel the omv 2.1 con los backports de omv-extras, es decir el 3.16

Lo que hice fue seguir ese hilo más o menos. Me baje el código del kernel 3.10, descomprimí los drivers de alx.
    Le apliqué un cambio al código (porque si no no compilaba), guiandome por un commit reciente.
    Hice un rmmod alx, insmod alx.ko (desde el directorio donde compilé) y luego eliminé el driver de su ruta y puse el mío allí.

Está todo en el post que puse más arriba, incluído lo que yo hice que lo postee allí.

Funciona a las mil maravillas! Y la verdad que cuando utilizo: pm-suspend no da ningún problema, se suspende con normalidad, supuestamente no era así. Aunque yo prefiero apagarlo.

SOLVED: You can see how in this post
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/…s-4175491464/#post5387238

After following this thread: Kodi (formerly XBMC) for OMV

It was smothly but when I have to try... I was sure graphics were not going to work at first try but after try lot of things I think that is impossible to make graphics works with this kernel and my hardware.
    MOBO: B85M-ITX (Asrock)
    CPU: G3220 Intel
    Graphics integrated.

I tried everything. I have omv 2.1 whit kernel backports 3.16

Afterall it seems like I will have to choose between NAS and HTPC

It's not my plugin. I just change the code to make it work on 2.x version.
    With my version you get a tab under "system information" with cpu temps (up to 2 cores), fan speed and hdd temp(I have not tested hdd temp).

I think the easiest solution it's to reinstall the so.
    I have just 2 questions.
    I have an ssd for the system, is the default installer format a good method for format? or could it damage my ssd?
    and, what's the best practice to update the system, I used to use apt-get/aptitude update and upgrade but i don't want this to happen aggain.
    Thanks rye!

I was going to write a new thread because I had the same problem.
    My solution was to edit /usr/sbin/omv-mkgrap (thir line of the file: # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will be lost.) :D
    http://pastebin.com/MK45WM65

I know change working directory may be not the best solution but it works for now. It's just a patch if you can wait and are so perfectionist as me.
    Sorry, I don't know too much about shell script.

I have made some changes.
    Tested installer and working, follow the readme and don't forget last step to update tabs.

The problem with sensors was the old plugin.
    The problem with collectd was that I updated the time of the nas so it was newer time on then rrd files than system.

After two hours it started working again but I will note that commands to deleted db. Thx.

PS. I updated sensors plugin.