No it looks proper broken

Code
    root@RADNAS:~# apt-get install openmediavault-shellinabox
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package openmediavault-shellinabox
    root@RADNAS:~#

Hi Subzero, thanks! The output is below.
    Under PLUGINS, all the apps are showing there, so I cant reinstall them. When I try to remove them to reinstall, the removal comes up with an error

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --yes --auto-remove --purge remove openmediavault-shellinabox 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... E: Unable to locate package openmediavault-shellinabox

But all the tabs on the left where we configure those apps are disappeared and all the services are missing.

Code
    root@RADNAS:~# dpkg -l | grep 'openmediavault\|nginx'
    ii  nginx                               1.2.1-2.2+wheezy4              all          small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server
    ii  nginx-common                        1.2.1-2.2+wheezy4              all          small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server - common files
    ii  nginx-full                          1.2.1-2.2+wheezy4              amd64        nginx web/proxy server (standard version)
    ii  openmediavault                      2.2.6                          all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              0.4                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

Would it be better I start with a fresh install? Maybe a reason to go toOMV3?

Hi All,

After having issues with the "client max body size" showing "M" rather than sowing 20M for example, I read a post where they advised to purge nginx. Uh oh..... my box is broken. I have reinstalled nginx and i have the web console working, but all my applications arent appearing, and none of the services for these are working, eg Couchpotato, virtualbox, sab etc and my fileshares cant connect...
    Im not the best linux admin, hence breaking the box, so need some assistance

What can I do from here?

More infor here:

HI All,

I have an issue and looking for some quick help. my current iptables config is the below, cant say I fully understand it all but I've modified what I had originally to route traffic over VPN connections for SABNZBD etc.
    At some point my OpenVPN connections are failing as a result and I cant tell where it is getting dropped. I just get an error when trying to connect to my server (OMV is my openvpn server) from my laptop, COULD NO ESTABLISH VPN CONNECTION.
    When I clear out the iptables config completely my openvpn client to my server works OK.
    I remember when I instlaled openvpnas it created many of these rules, eg the AS0_Accept which confuses the matter and I dont thouroughly understand what they all do.... :(
    Can anyone let me know what I can safely modify to make my inbound openvpn conenctions work again?

Thanks Ryan,...
    remember the issue I had earlier with the clonezilla.. in OMV1 for some reason the VM wasn't booting clonezilla through virtualbox.. it was part loading and then freezing so I could never test the restore. I was running both physical and virtual OMV at OMV1 when doing this testing.
    I've since rebuilt a test VM on OMV2.0 and that is loading clonezilla OK so I've used gparted tonight to increase the size temporarily on the VM drive to test that the restore works. If I know its good, I can restore this to my physical box at any time in the future. I've gotten it to restore to my test VM, but I'll have to test it tomorrrow as its getting too late.

Hi All,

I have a number of updates available to OMV 2.1 and whilst I have everything working it is nice.
    I am cautious about applying updates via the update manager incase it does break something.

There are plenty of updates there, ranging from basefiles, libbind, openmediavault2.1.3, php* etc all in all probably around about 30 updates ready to go.

Whats the best approach here. I do backups via clonezilla but I've never actually had to test the restore of the backup so I dont want to break it and learn the hard way.

Thoughts and ideas from more senior linux members? :)

Hi Solo,
    I had issues with permissions and deleted data still appearing on member drives but I suspect this was a AUFS issue so this build I am avoiding it.
    Thanks for clarifying I just wanted to ensure I was following best practices on this and it sounds like its still current.

Hi All,

After a rebuild of OMV on 2.1 I have setup Snapraid 8.1 again and want to know the best way to keep the disks updated automatically.
    I used to run nightly the omv-snapraid-diff script but this was quite old and wonder if I still should be using that to automate. I should also mention I had issues with what I supect was AUFS in the past so have taken this out of this particular build, but the issue could have been related to the omv-snapraid-diff script. That particular issue was permissions across files and one drive not getting updated with permissions and deletions causing "invalid device" when accessing files.

Is this omv-snapraid-diff script still required or is there some sort of automation built into OMV that I can run through cron?

Thanks FT.. I hadnt read before of using symlinks on OMV.

Why do I want to pool? Its my media server, and file server. Media server has many files, large in size and will eventually span drives although not as yet.

Question - If I were to use symlinks on disk 2 and disk 3, can I use SNAPRAID and have a parity disk on disk1 without issue?

Hi Guys,
    I've rebuilt my OMV1 box with OMV2 and resetup AUFS again. All was working well for a few days but I have the same "invalid device" errors again that I was getting in OMV 1.

1 x 4TB parity, content
    2 x 4TB, data and content.

= 1 AUFS pool and snapraid.

Checking the permissions, again it seems one of the disks isn't updating the permissions, or if a folder is deleted on the pool, it isnt updating the disk event after a sync using th omv-snapraid-diff script. I just want a working solution so I want to know how I should have my media such it is protected by drive failure.

Should I:
    1) setup different shared folders on each drive, still running snapraid
    2) setup different shared folders on each drive and use maybe rsync to copy the data to alternate drives?
    3) Anything else?

I dont want to use AUFS anymore, its doing my head in and wasting my time.

All,

Just to update based on my experience. I'm just finishing a new OMV 2.0 build with BPorts, and installed mysql 1.0.16 and whilst mysql started OK after install I wasnt able to logon with any credentials. Tried to restart the password through the OMV GUI but this wasn't working either.

Eventually just tried 'root' as username and left the password empty and I was in. I can reset the password through the mysql admin console of mysql only. Havent used the database yet.
    This is what I saw for the users - is it normal?

Also i noticed in the config file that the server IP was set at 127.0.0.1, so I set to 0.0.0.0 with still no ability to change via GUI.
    What could be the issue in regards to not being able to change password via OMV GUI?

I did a fresh install of OMV 2 on my NAS box to fix some issues with AUFS. I realised that I may have incorrectly setup the AUFS pool in my first attempt by including parity drive in the pool which I think is incorrect.

I just installed snapraid and I notice that it has an inbuilt POOL function.
    Has anyone done any testing of this? I tried to create a pool and I got this error....

Code
    Loading state from /media/0d3fd1a3-5da6-4fdf-b2d7-9b83e322b0b4/snapraid.content...
    Cleaning...
    Pooling...
    No link created

Hi All,
    A finger error had me type in "iptables -F" instead of using the -L. Thankfully I do have a backup of all rules prior to accidentally removing them,

I am trying to get them installed as services are not starting, but no matter what I do they are not persistent after a reboot. After installing them via CLI, I do a iptables -L and see them there but the reboot removes them. I also tried creating a file in /etc/network/if-pre-up/iptables and add them there anrd restart the network.

root@NAS:/etc/network/if-pre-up.d# service networking restart
    Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not re-enable some interfaces ... (warning).
    Reconfiguring network interfaces...run-parts: failed to exec /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables: Exec format error
    run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables exited with return code 1
    run-parts: failed to exec /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables: Exec format error
    run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables exited with return code 1
    run-parts: failed to exec /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables: Exec format error

Can anyone assist with getting them back in again such they are persistant after a reboot (and hopefully all services start as normal).