Beiträge von mutosan

immer noch gleich. Ich versteh nicht, warum ich solche Probleme hab. Seit Wochen habe ich nichts mehr am Server gemacht und jetzt läuft Plex überhaupt nicht mehr. Zum kotzen sowas.

hab den gleichen Fehler und bei mir nützt dieser Befehl nichts. Ich versteh auch nicht, warum ich jetzt auf einmal so massive Probleme mit dem Openmedia server habe. Bis vor einer Woche lief noch alles normal und die updates werde nur von mir ausgeführt.

Ïch starte jetzt mal neu und sehe dann mal.

if you want to stream video and audio 1GB is by far not enough. Stick with the 4GB RAM and you are save. Especially, when more then one person is watching a movie. The CPU is also good for encoding.
    I did not check the mainboard myself but yes, if you want to have a good combination of Hardware its reading, reading, reading. I had about 3-4 days where I just read about diffrent hardware and about transcoding encoding
    for my Plex server. Hope you wont run in any further problems from now on.

yeah they always call out loud oh for what you are using it but they don't think and know that you need allot of ram with some raids and file systems. frankly even if you have hundreds of connections you need alot of ram.

Now back to you ikogan: Well if you have enough space you can use silent mats but I think best would be to change the fans. They make the most noise and there it will be difficult. Or you buy a new rack server
    which is silent already. Then you just have to move the mainboard and rest. And with fans i also mean the one which is in the power supplies.

My openmediavault server is at my home as i have a 1gb/1gb (fiber connection) so i used a Nanoxia Deep Silence 2 (Midi Tower), supermicro mainboard, 16GB RAM, 6HDs and another one for system. The system hd is
    connected to the onboard usb slot on the mainboard. The server runs fine since month. If you like to know more you can just ask. I wanted to use ZSF as well but I think i will first buy a good raid controller. at the moment
    its the onboard. with the new raidcontroller i want to buy 6x 2GB or 3GB harddisks.

yes me too. I mean, implement it correctly. Maybe i can replace it with plex. I have the feeling that serviio is better and i like to try that out. As i dont have a test system at the moment im in need of a working package. in the near future i will have a test system so i can avoid failures on the production side.

if you are still looking for an aswer. I stumbled over this, when i was setting up my omv server. After you setup one account in roundcube you can login then and add more pop3 accounts in the webgui. But this does not cover, when you have more then one person at home, which wants to use this. I want to get rid of gmail and any other provider and therefore roundcube is not supporting what I need.

opening a thread and closing it about thoughts one has, is like you telling everyone to sell your aston martin but then close the cashier.
    be at least open enough about your thoughts and give people the opportunity to tell their thoughts about it. Everything else is a waste of time and writing.
    And just telling others in the disclaimer what they should do to answer this is hilarious. this is a forum and not a place to open thread after thread just because
    you want it.

And now my thought to raid. They are NOT complex. You can buy one of the premade of many companys. They are easy to handle just keep a few security basics in mind.

IF you make your own NAS, you are going the complex way.

And final. If you have a NAS, which keeps your data, does not mean you are save. If you want to have it super save, you have to make backups of your NAS. Everything else
    is not consequent. And no, it is not important for every user. Depends how much data you have. In my example I have a media server at home, which covers my dvd and blueray collection in
    digitalized form and my digitalized music collection (yes in my country this is allowed). But people with less data can be happy to make a backup on an external usb hdd. And then also make
    a backup on dvd or bluray discs. You dont even understand concepts of antivirus and NAS. Maybe you should inform your self a bit more before you are posting something like this to the open. Or blame companies, which use marketing and the NAS technology to tell people they need one at home nowadays. Its the wrong thinking. Better would be to
    ask yourself, what big cloud companies can do with your data, which is saved on THEIR servers. Or how many people trust Apple and think they are a nice and good company. Thats why
    they are selling their products so overpriced and use your data very carefully (with sarcasm). An apple phone costs about $150 to produce and they are selled for I dont know $850. This doesnt
    even cover the design thought. And this is just the beginning as Your whole thoughts are false about RAID.

ahh, so I just have to wait. Thats fine for me, as the RAID5 has to synch anyway. around 45% right now. After that I make an lvm and activate the services I need. OMV is as easy for me as nas4free. Just hope I can install soon the plex server, so I can change the wholde data from my synology nas and put it on the new server

Hello

I just started freshly with omv. Installation done so far but I got stuck, when I wanted to isntall Plex media server. I could not reach omv-extras.org.
    Does anyone know why? As I am new, I dont have yet access to certain section in this forum. Which is fine for me.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Mutosan