Beiträge von jimbod777

SubZero79, Thanks for the advise. I am still new to Linux and OMV. Could you tell how to remove the binaries and how Install the backport kernel 3.16 with omv-extras.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

After I install the plugin this is the error message I get:

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'iscsitarget' start 2>&1': Starting iSCSI enterprise target service:FATAL: Module iscsi_trgt not found. failed! invoke-rc.d: initscript iscsitarget, action "start" failed.

I have read some posts and there was a fix that I used:

apt-get purge iscsitarget
    apt-get autoremove
    apt-get clean
    apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential
    apt-get install openmediavault-iscsitarget

After I do that, I enable the plug in and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it works I create the target and reference the LUNS. When I do this and then click apply the system just hangs. Sometimes the apply setting works and all seems fine but when I add the target to ISCSI on ESXi6.0 it sometimes sees the LUNS and sometimes doesn't.

I think I am just going to create an NFS instead of using ISCSI since it is still buggy.

I am using kernel Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64

The question is there is an incompatibility with iscsitarget and Debian wheezy. Volker doesn't code drivers or kernel modules here.

all I know is the default iscsitarget from wheezy doesn't work with backport kernel. Omv-extras provides a package of…

On OMV it shows in the plugins openmediavault-iscsitarget 2.0. This is what I am using to install the plugging. Is there anyway to make this work. I had was running the old version of OMV 1.0 and it was working great until I upgraded to 2.1.11.

ISCSI Target 2.0 does not install properly on openmediavault v2.1.11(Stone Burner). I have had to manually ssh and type the following to get it working sort of:

apt-get purge iscsitarget
    apt-get autoremove
    apt-get clean
    apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential
    apt-get install openmediavault-iscsitarget

The only problem is that enabling the pluggin sometimes freezes the system and I have to manually power off and then on the system again to get it to function. I have been able to sometimes get ISCSI to work with LUNS through ESXi6.0 and sometimes ESXi shows no LUNS. I have checked my network settings and all communication is there without any issues.

Is there an incompatibility issue with this pluggin and version 2.1.11 (Stone Burner)?