Beiträge von seriousrick

I had a Raid 5 that I wasn't actively using for about 8 months, so I had unplugged the drives from my OMV. I needed to recently retrieve some information from this raid, so I stuck them back in last night. The 3 drives showed up under physical disks, but the raid did not appear under Raid Management or File Systems. I searched these forums, and followed some instructions to rebuild the raid -- I had to leave it over night while it resynced. This morning, the raid shows up under Raid Management, but when I try to mount it I get the below error. I'm completely lost now, and wondering if anyone has any information on how to proceed. Many thanks!

Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount 'b2ede92c-4c8f-4ba4-a441-b7f963ee191c': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md8,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so
    ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:931
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

OMV v2.2.13

When clicking on the File Systems tab, I receive "Communication failure" error box without anything loading, and when I click on "Union File Systems" nothing loads (but also no error straight away).

Some backstory, I'm running an aufs setup which was not balancing correctly, causing three disks (one data and two snapraid parity) to become completely full. This in turn I believe caused my system log file to grow increasingly large to the point that it filled the boot drive completely. This lead to me not being able to log in until I ssh-ed and removed the large log files. Now I have manually rebalanced the aufs drive and re-run snapraid sync -- however, the parity drives are still at 100% capacity according to df -h, even though the largest drive in the aufs/snapraid is only at 93%. Perhaps this is causing my issue, but I cannot figure out how to correct.

I also am getting random "Communication failure" errors when browsing the webgui, but consistently get it when trying to access the File Systems tab.

I'm running OMV 2.2.5 and Snapraid 10.0-1 ... contemplating a reinstall of omv os if nothing else... thanks in advance!

There should be a condition folder check in postinst. Try this

<code class="inlineCode">mkdir -p /media/ae94abf0-6fb3-4859-a8be-4b28eabf21c5/plexmediaserver/Library</code>

thentry to install the plugin again

This seemed to work. My guess is that when I uninstalled (removed the plugin) the first time, something was saved pointing to the old hdd. By creating the old folder path, I was able to re-install then change the path to a current hdd. Thanks for the advice!

Hi All,

I originally installed Plex a while ago, but uninstalled it when I had some issues and was unable / too lazy to fix. Now I've decided I want to give it another try, but am getting errors when installing the plugin.

Running OMV 2.2.2
    omv-extras plugin/repo installed, plex is visible. I get the below error when trying to install:
    Note: the drive starting 'ae94abf0' is old and no longer present, probably why it cannot find this directory.

Then upon reloading the page, I get this error repeatedly until I uninstall the plugin again.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

omv-snapraid-diff is in /usr/sbin/

I don't see it in my /usr/sbin folder -- in that directory I've tried ls and don't see it, and have tried running it (omv-snapraid-diff and ./omv-snapraid-diff) but it still comes back "No such file or directory."

What's the best way for me to get it back? Can I download it from somewhere, or maybe should I delete my info from snapraid, uninstall the plugin, and reinstall the plugin?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Hi All,

I've been (poorly) using snapraid for a while now, running regular sync through a cron job. But I realized I need to get set up using the diff script today, as last night's sync ran after I mass re-nammed an entire series of TV (i.e. over 100 deleted files) -- this could cause some problems in the future.

I was reading through the post about the two places the omv-snapraid-diff script was (/usr/local/bin) and (/usr/sbin) -- however, there is not a file by that name in either location. /usr/local/bin is empty -- /usr/sbin has a lot in it, but nothing relating to snapraid that I could see.

I'm running:
    omv 2.1.13
    openmediavault-snapraid 1.5 plugin

I can see where to change the diff script options in the gui, but cannot find this file to try running manually and get the error (No such file or directory) when trying to run from cron/scheduled jobs. Do I need to download the script manually and place in one of these directories? I don't see the file on the github omv-snapraid-scrips, so am assuming it should have been created automatically by the plugin?

Any help would be appreciated!