Beiträge von skattrd

As I'm useless with linux I couldn't get the 4 install to work.

Whilst browsing threads of people with similar issues I saw some rolled back to 3, aha, 3 works. So I did a clean install of OMV 3.0.9 then ran omv-release-upgrade which got me a fresh 4 install.
    Then omv-update to patch ... done, well not quite.

I now can't login to the webgui
    admin:openmediavault doesn't work

omv-firstaid
    reset console admin password
    Nope still can't login with reset password.

It doesn't load OMV, so I don't think the above will work.

After lots of the mdadm no arrays found, it fails at dev/sdb1 does not exist and then drops to busybox.

I'm guessing the fail is because it was installed as sdb, but the other drive has now been removed so it should be a different letter.
    I'll look for how to rewrite the boot.

Ok, so after posting this I thought I'd check my last post/issue from 3 years ago. That was a RW issue seemingly caused by a failing USB drive.
    Luckily I bought 2 new drives, so I tried the spare, and the install went through fine, so my new Sandisk USB drive looks like it's not good ... Anyway, all fixed using a different USB drive.

Hi all, I've been using OMV for a few years and decided to upgrade my old OMV "2.xx" to 4.
    However install repeatedly fails installing grub ...

I have 2x USB, both new and were blank until a couple of hours ago. One is imaged with the source iso, openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64.iso, and the other is to be used as the system drive. All other drives are disconnected.
    The installation assigns sdb for the destination drive, and I see it attempt "grub-install /dev/sdb"

That's where it fails

When I try it manually from shell I get:
    "grub-install: error: cannot delete '/boot/grub/i386-pc/serial.mod' : Read-only file system"

Help please, I know virtually zero about this sort of thing.

Updated and installed omv extras as soon as it was installed.

During install I had 2x usb devices, one as source for install files, the other as destination for the o/s. All physical hard disks were unplugged. The source with install files is now removed and 5 hdd for the array are installed and the array is showing as clean.

Ok, not going too well

It can see the array as said before, but when I try and mount it I get the error

Hi all,
    I'm a bit of a noob with linux, but have been running this on my NAS for quite a while without issue. Today I ran an update and it crashed during update and now I can't access the webgui - no login boxes.

I've rebooted the server (repeatedly)
    Tried private mode
    Different browsers
    Different computers

I think I'm ok for space

Zitat

root@OMV01:~# apt-get clean
    W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

read only files?

Zitat

root@OMV01:~# apt-get install links
    W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
    E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
    E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

I'm guessing my issue is to do with certain parts being read only, however as a bit of an idiot on linux type stuff I am unsure what to do, so any help appreciated.

Chris