Beiträge von Moheemo

Do I run this all through root? And will this still be compatible with OMV?

Yes that should be correct, I just hope the address 11.11.11.11 is a joke or an "if" only.

transmission runs under a system daemon, he has no write access to shares by default, you can reset permissions to 777 mode in the tab next to shared folders

Do you have any idea why the service keeps crashing when I use the transmission web interface?

Yes that should be correct, I just hope the address 11.11.11.11 is a joke or an "if" only.

transmission runs under a system daemon, he has no write access to shares by default, you can reset permissions to 777 mode in the tab next to shared folders

Yes it is a fake ip. And I'll look into that

It is not a good idea to let some one be using your Torrent service.

and why not? I know this man irl and have complete trust in him. The build of the service is more or less for him

So he can access transmission, but when he tries to download something, it works for a little while, then stops under the pretext of "Denied Access" what is this about? In addition, after about 5 min, the services crashes and I have to do a complete server reboot to get it working again. This is hardly a service that is working atm. Im sure it is on my end. What can I do about this?

You can't, is by design.

he can access transmission on port 9091

How do I have him switch his ports in order to do that? Where would he do that exactly?

Im not sure I get the point of a service that my users can't use without jumping through hoops...

What happens when I add other plugins? How is that supposed to work??

I am rather new to this but I came across a new road block.

I set up the file system and installed the BitTorrent plugin thanks to OMV Extras.

I can use it, and have, and it works fine!

However, when I made an account for my friend and he was able to log in to the OMV web interface, he didn't have BitTorrent under the "services" tab like I do as admin. How can I enable this for him so he can use it? Thanks!

Yes you didn't partition your disk (the omv installer doesn't allow it either). The OS disk is reserved for the omv and cannot be used for sharing folders.

You can boot systemrescuecd and use gparted to re size the partition. After partition, format the…

So I went ahead and did that. Still can't do it. I am at a loss now.

I used gparted and resized the partition. Then with that created a new partition, gave it a name and such.

Went into the web client of OMV, it is listed. I mounted it. Still cannot select it.

Did I mistep somewhere? Am I not supposed to use the "new" function in gparted to format the empty made from resizing the original single partition?

Hello! I am completely new to this so I am a bit lost.

When I go to make a new file system, and hit the "CREATE" button, then hit the drop down menu for "Devices" nothing comes up and thus I can not make a file system.

I have only one partition, a 600gb HDD that OMV is installed on to.

Is there something I need to do to activate this so I can use it to make the file system? Until I figure this out I am rather SOL.

Thanks!