Beiträge von omv1503

I tried several times too and digged further into it with ldapsearch. I think the plugin does not work since the fields creacted in ldap.conf are not complete nor correct in particular when trying to bind to a TLS enabled ldap service. I can get some information when I use as root in shell ldapsearch but only if I bind as anonymous. However it does not solve my issues in my configuration since I need TLS to connect to the ldap server on another VM for autentication.

There is atleast one thing missing in the plug-in front-end: the ability to select a certificate (similar like in the ftp plugin). This would allow to link the ldap pulgin to the imported certificate which is used by the LDAP server.

Hope this feature request / bug will get some attention.

A full OpenLdap Server plugin would be a great add-on for OMV (may be something on the list for OMV5)

Hi,

today I tried without success to enable the ldap plugin. I'm on OMV 4.1.25 / LDAP 4.0.6.1.

I entered the LDAP details (incl. the correct password, TLS on, and tried with and without PAM). After "apply" the system shows the error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'smbd' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for smbd.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status smbd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

With SMB/CIFS disabled the LDAP can be enabled. But not SMB - same error. However I neither see users nor groups in the OMV account management from my ldap directory nor can I log-on with a user from the directory. So it looks like I can store the config but it does not work.

I checked with a the softerra LDAP administrator from my windows machine if the ldap directory on my server is configured correctly. I can read but not change user data.

Then I connected with ssh to my OMV server, installed the ldap-utils and tried the same with ldapsearch. I could see all the useres from my director. So the OMV also has acces to my server.

No idea where to search nor what could be the error. Has someone got the ldap plugin to work?

Thanks for any hints

Thomas

Hi,

I created a WebDav / remote share to https://sd2dav.1und1.de/. The shared folder is shared with SMB/CIFS to my local Windows 10 machine.

After creation of the remote share through the plugin the ACL on the share is root:root R/W/E group:root R/W/E and others: R/E. and the subfolders from the 1and1 drive are set by OMV to root:root R/W/E, group:root R/E and others: R/E. These settings seem to be the standard when I create the WebDAV under remote share.

On my windows machine I can browse the files but neither a file can be deleted nor a new file can be copied to the directory: "Do not have required privileges".
    When I try to set the ACL to group:users R/W/E the following error message appears:

Error #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -M '....
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt ->setFileACL(Array,Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACl'. Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Thanks for any suggestions.
    omv1503