Beiträge von Omvii

Now I might be completely wrong, but wouldn't it be enough to just change a line in the OMVFilesystemBackendZFS class in OMVStorageZvol.php from <code class="inlineCode">$this-&gt;properties = self::PROP_NONE;</code> to <code class="inlineCode">$this-&gt;properties = self::PROP_POSIX_ACL;</code>?

This is equal to return true. I just wanted to be sure. But this would enable acl support for zfs in general, but it has to be enabled for each zfs pool/dataset explicitly. This is ok for me, because I know that. Others might not.

Currently my edited hasPosixAclSupport of class OMVFilesystemBackendZFS just returns true.
    But that is not correct (correct me if I am wrong):

To do it right, I think, the source code of omv has to be changed (for all filesystems):
    Move function hasPosixAclSupport from class OMVFilesystemBackendAbstract to OMVFilesystemAbstract
    and call it later (see pic).

Hi there,

I am just testing (playing?) with the zfs plugin and zfs in general.
    After a few hours, I realized that there was no acl support (activated in the gui).
    I enabled acl support for my pool (acltype, ...).
    After that I realized that this changes nothing and the "plugin" (web interface) does not support it.
    I browsed the source a bit and found

OMVFilesystemBackendAbstract.hasPosixAclSupport.

I edited the source file (OMVStorageZvol.php) directly an my test server and now I can view and edit the acl entries.
    A quick cross check with getfacl shows that the permissions are set correct, which makes sense because the used zfs version has full posix acl support.

The question is:

Is this right? Is this the correct implementation (assumption: posix support is always enabled)?
    Or are there any issues with this "solution"?
    It seems quite hacky and I found no documentation about this matter.

Thanks in advance