Beiträge von robin13

Hi I just installed 4.014 then changed the ip address in the gui from a dhcp one to a static I initially forgot to add the dns server in the web interface as I didn't scroll down far enough in the list of to see the box for dns in the web gui I also had issues installing the plugins but once I realized there was no dns I put it in and then the plugin installed ok

maybe hes just overlooked that

Hi Ryecoaaron and or other moderators I see some of you are running OMV 4.015 . Now is omv4 in stable release or not as the online info seems to be a bit dated with discussions dating back to sept / oct 2017 being the latest comments I can find, but when you go to the changelogs linked on GitHub (se below ) for 4.014 says stable as part of the reference tag so is that correct it is in stable release ?
    -- Volker Theile <volker.theile@openmediavault.org> Sat, 02 Dec 2017 13:54:19 +0100
    openmediavault (4.0.14-1) stable; urgency=low
    * Various improvements.
    * Improve internal bond interface management.
    * Get rid of netstat

its all a bit confusing especially when you click on the documentation link and goes to an empty page. all Kudos and many thanks to Volker for creating and maintaining this good product but who is meant to be filling in the documentation page on the omv home site ?

I am just at the point of rebuilding my NAS server from scratch starting with empty drives and would like to go to omv 4 if its actually stable.