Beiträge von baggins

Did you connect the UPS to the OMV box while you have tried to start the service?

I remember that in my configuration the UPS must be connected and switched on in order to enable / configure the service.

Yes, it was connected.

I am waiting for a good occasion to restart OMV just in case that might help.

Update:

I added archive.debian.org wheezy to the sources.list and was able to install the ups plugin.

However: when starting the service I get the following error:

Code
    upsdrvctl start frodo_ups
    Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.4
    Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.37 (2.6.4)
    USB communication driver 0.32
    Can't claim USB device [051d:0002]: could not detach kernel driver from interface 0: Operation not permitted

I found a thread from someone who had the same problem and he solved it by installing the backport kernel.

I am running 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 which looks like a backport kernel to me. Are there any other backport kernels?

Hi,

I have an old OMV server (version 2.2.3) that I installed years ago.

It does what it needs to so it wasn't updated or upgraded.

Recently I installed a APC UPS in the rack where the server is located and I wanted to install the UPS plugin. This failed because the mirror I am using does not have the old packages that are required.

I looked around and found that the packages are still available on archive.debian.org.

Is there a way to change the mirror I am using to the archive one?

At the moment I don't want to update or mess around with this system too much...

Thanks.

Hi,

My current setup is as follows:
    1) OpenmediaVault server (2.2.3) which only runs OMV. This server provides storage for users and for an application/backup server.
    2) Application/backup server (let's call it B). This server has all shares of OMV mounted. It further has a set of disks where rsnapshot stores the backup of all OMV shares. On this server run a number of applications. One of which is MariaDB.

The default location of the MariaDB databases is /var/lib/mysql which is located on the boot SSD of B. I would like to change the location of the databases to one of the shares of OMV. The mysql directory is owned by user mysql.

I have tried to set this up in OMV but ran into all sorts of permission problems.

How should I provide a share in OMV that would allow the mysql user of machine B to create and access the databases?

Thx.

Seems like a nice setup. As you stated, ECC memory is more a "nice to have" than a necessary thing. In the other hand, unless you are going to do some sort of virtualization in your machines 32 Gb is an overkill. OMV is actually really good with the RAM,…

The 32Gb server would not be running OMV. The OMV machine would have 8 Gb.
    And no, my budget is not unlimited

Hi,

NAS newbie here...
    I live in a two-family house and the idea would be to build a NAS running OMV to be used by both families. Furthermore I would build a second server to be used as a backup server for the OMV server. That second server would also be used as an application server running Zoneminder, Emby, Logitech Media Server and probably some other stuff in the future. This second server would run Fedora as I more familiar with that than Debian.
    Each family has its own 19" rack in different rooms of the house.

Based on a couple of articles on http://technikaffe.de I came to the following setup:

OMV server:
    Motherboard: ASRock C236 WSI
    CPU: Intel Pentium G4400
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro
    Memory: Kingston KVR21E15D8/8 ECC
    Power supply: Be Quiet BN140 System Power
    Case: Intertech 2U rackmount IPC-2U-2098SL

Backup/Application server:
    Same configuration but instead of 8GB, 32GB non-ECC.

I am aware that OMV does not require ECC memory in itself, but I like the additional safety.
    Storage for both machines would be WD Red disks, no RAID but individual disks for Music, Video, Photos, Documents.
    Backup would be taken care of by rsnapshot. Occasionally I would backup the backups to external USB disks.

All advice/remarks welcome!