Beiträge von Justaway

Thank you very much! Now I can test, if the issue persists with the newest intel nic driver.

Edit: Ok, the latest nic driver doesn't solve the random power ups. I'm running out of ideas. This board drives me crazy. -.-

This post is just for reference, in case somebody stumbles on the same bug (I am aware that you already sold your motherboard, but you still might be interested):

I also bought the Asus H87i-Plus C2 motherboard, and finally found a working solution.

See here:

bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=66171#c89

Adding xhci_hcd.quirks=270336 to boot options suppressed reboots. Wol is also working.

First I have tried xhci_hcd.quirks=262144, this also stops the reboots, but disables wol somehow.

I have tried everything else. Using newer bios versions or compiling lan driver (newest being 3.2.7.1) makes no difference...

The problem seems to be in the xhci implementation in newer kernels. It will also appear on bleeding edge kernel 4.2.5.

Finally found a working solution for this nasty bug. Spent way too much time with this stupid board -.-
    See here:

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=66171#c89

Adding xhci_hcd.quirks=270336 to boot options suppressed reboots. Wol is also working.

First I have tried xhci_hcd.quirks=262144, this also stops the reboots, but disables wol somehow.

I have tried everything else. Using newer Bios versions makes no difference, compiling newer e1000e.ko is useless...

The problem seems to be in the xhci implementation in newer kernels. It will also appear on bleeding edge 4.2.5.

It is worth a try. Will also post this on the other thread, so if anyone stumbles on the same problem he might have more luck.

Yep, I saw that. I built it and put in on the omv-extras server because I always like having binaries built on an actual OMV system (maximum compatibility in case he isn't building on wheezy). I intend on putting the binary in the omv-extras repo once the plugin supports it. The plugin can't install dependencies from the dev's github site. It only takes a few seconds to build the binary as well.

I wrote my post before seeing your reply, it was my intention to inform the userbase. Your procedure of building on an OMV system makes sense of course.
    Sounds like a plan!

Short update on testing mergerfs:
    The developer has released official Wheezy version 2.7.0, so there is no need to build ourselves.
    As mentioned, samba works fine. I was able to mount nfs shares using the same options as for mhddfs (fsid=1,sync,crossmnt,no_subtree_check,insecure)
    Speed should be considerably faster using hardware (nearly as fast as aufs), but I am using a vm for now. The article from http://zackreed.me indicates this at least.

I have not found a serious bug yet, but we will see how it pans out.

The plugin I rewrote has hard-coded settings for the fstab. I am unfortunately not skilled enough to implement new things...
    Feature wise, it would be interesting to have an option for the minfreespace like now, but also to be able to select between a few create modes.

I think reasonable options would be:
    mfs (most free space) Use the drive with the most free space available.
    epmfs (existing path, most free space) If the path exists on multiple drives use the one with the most free space and is greater than minfreespace. If no drive has at least minfreespace then fallback to mfs.
    fwfs (first with free space) Pick the first drive which has at least minfreespace.
    lfs (least free space) Pick the drive with least available space but more than minfreespace

mfs is like in aufs, while fwfs seems to work like mhddfs.

Personally, the most useful for me is epmfs, can confirm it works as described.
    Since i did not specify the create mode in my plugin, it defaults to this.

I believe mergerfs would be a worthwhile addition:
    It is fast,
    does not whiteout files,
    respects ACL,
    has different options for user needs
    and is actively developed. The developer seems to be fast on fixing bugs.

Edit: Just found out how to override defined settings for fstab in OMV:
    If you are using my modded plugin, you can define your settings by adding a line to /etc/default/openmediavault
    This one is default
    OMV_FSTAB_MNTOPS_MERGERFS="defaults,allow_other,moveonenospc=true,fsname=mergerfsPool"
    You can lookup policies on https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs#options-1
    Run "omv-mkconf fstab" after that

Hey all, thanks for your work on this plugin.
    I am using mhddfs on my server at home. Got rid of the annoying 'Transport endpoint not connected' bug by installing the no-segfault version, but according to the developer there are further problems which cannot be fixed unless we use a newer fuse version.
    Unfortunately, not possible in Wheezy (upgrading glibc breaks stuff).
    So I was looking for alternatives.

This came to mind:

http://zackreed.me/articles/92…-pool-your-snapraid-disks

Mergerfs is under actice development, and the latest version works on Wheezy.

https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs

Built it from repository and it seems to work fine.
    I did lazily change a few entries in unionfilesystem-plugin so I can mount in GUI.
    Anyone have experiences with it? It could be a great alternative to bugged mhddfs!
    Especially the create modes are interesting.

Edit: I replaced mhddfs in openmediavault-unionfilesystems-mergerfs_1.9_all.deb, so do not install while using mhddfs. Try it in a VM to be safe!