Beiträge von 1uke_

Hello,

My main machine that I work from is a Mac running Yosomite 10.10.5

My OMV server runs 2.2.14 Stoneburner.

Recently when I try to copy files from the back to the OMV server I get this message "The operation can’t be completed because the item “oPiRemoteSSHBackup.dmg” is in use." (See image below).

This stops the file from copying over to the sever.

Can anyone help me solve this so I can start copying files from the Mac to the server.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the advice,

I have gone ahead an installed the openmediavault-backup plugin.

I can now see the image below, but I am not sure what to do next.

There are a number of tabs at the top and when I click in to each one a number of options.

What are each of the tabs for?

What should I do to back up my Open Media Vault OS System Disk?

Hello,

I run Open Media Vault on a HP Micro Server.

My OS runs on a SSD drive that only contains the OS.

I would like to know what would be the best way to back this OS drive up so that it can be easily restored should it ever become corrupt, damaged, lost or stolen.

Thank you in advance.

I would like to instal AirSonic on my Open Media Vault Server.

I have been told I need to do the following

• Access via ssh
    • Install JRE 8
    • Copy over airsonic jar and run it

I am new to using Linux/Open Media Vault and I was hoping someone might be able to give me instructions on how to do each of the steps listed above.

Thanks in advance

Hi @ryecoaaron, I was just searching for auto updates and found this thread.

Can you explain further why 'auto updates on a server is a dangerous idea'?

I was thinking about auto updating but I don't want to break my system, it would be really helpful to me if you could help me understand further why auto updating is bad.

Thanks for your help with this :)

Hello,

Background info

I am a Linux / Open Media Vault noob. I have very little experience of using the command line and tend to use the web interface as a way of managing the server.

My Questions

• I am just wondering if I should upgrade my system from 2.2.5 stone burner to 3.0 Erasmus?

• What would be the easiest way to perform the upgrade?

• How likely is it that anything will 'break'?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions on this.

Hi,

No I never got any further with this, I just installed SubSonic, but never got LibreSonic working.

Let me know if you managed to get LibreSonic working as I might make the switch if you can find a way to get it up and running.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hi @vl1969

I worked out where my music was shortly after posting. I'm currently re-organising my music but can see it is easy enough in LMS to repoint it to a new folder if I move the location of my music. So from that point of view it seems like I have the server up and working now.

I am now wondering how much further your knowledge of multiroom audio extends?

For the next part of this project I need to set up the client / player on my Raspberry Pi and I am trying to find the best / most suitable player, so far I have three players which I think might be suitable

• Squeeze Lite

• M2P (Max2Player)

• PiCoreAudio

I have also spotted a client called 'rune bridge audio', but I think I will leave the for now.

Do you know which of these clients might work best with the LMS or does it not really matter?

@ 'Wolf2000'
    Diese Befehle haben für mich gearbeitet! Vielen Dank, Logitech Media Server läuft nicht auf meinem Server.
    Ich muss es jetzt auf meinen Musikordner verweisen, aber ich bin nicht sicher, wo es sich in der Dateistruktur befindet (siehe Bild unten).
    Kannst du mir bitte helfen den Server einzurichten bitte?

@Wolf2000
    Those commands worked for me! Thank you so much, Logitech Media Server is no running on my server.
    I now need to point it to my music folder, but I'm not sure where it might be located in the file structure (see picture below).
    Can you help me get the server set up please?

Ich sagte ja, ich habe SSH verwendet. Ich habe es auf einem Himbeer-Pi in der Vergangenheit verwendet.
    Aber ich versuche, den Logitech-Bediener an meinem HP ProLiant MicroSever zu installieren, auf dem Open Media Vault läuft.
    Ich hoffe, das macht Sinn, ich glaube, ich habe Sie versehentlich verwirrt.
    Jedenfalls bin ich wieder so fest, wenn Sie mir helfen können, lassen Sie mich wissen. Ich würde gerne es haben und läuft bald :)

I was saying yes I have used SSH. I have used it on a Raspberry Pi in the past.
    But I am trying to install The Logitech Server on to my HP ProLiant MicroSever which is running Open Media Vault.
    I hope that makes sense, I think I have accidentally confused you.
    Anyway I am stuck again so if you can help me let me know. I would love to have it up and running soon :)

Raspberry Pi kann not 64Bit : dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1481874538_amd64.deb.2

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Debian_Package

Hi Ich glaube, Sie haben missunderstood.
    Ich laufe nicht dieses auf meinem Himbeerpu.
    Ich laufe es auf meinem HP ProLiant MicroSever, die offene Mediengewölbe läuft.
    Lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn Sie helfen können, wie ich dachte, es hat funktioniert, aber jetzt, wenn ich versuche, das Web-Interface zugreifen, es wird nicht geladen.

Hi I think you may have missunderstood.
    I am not running this on my Raspberry Pi.
    I am running it on my HP ProLiant MicroSever which is running open media vault.
    Let me know if you can help as I thought it has worked but now when I try to access the web interface it won't load.

@vl1969 @ryecoaaron

Thank you for helping me I think we might have cracked it. If it working I'd like to show you both my appreciation. Do you use reddit? I would like to gift you Reddit Gold.

The package downloaded perfect this time.

Then I ran

Code
    dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1481874538_amd64.deb.2

and got the following message

Code
    (Reading database ... 38170 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace logitechmediaserver 7.9.0~1481874538 (using logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1481874538_amd64.deb.2) ...
    Stopping Logitech Media Server.
    Unpacking replacement logitechmediaserver ...
    Setting up logitechmediaserver (7.9.0~1481874538) ...
    Making sure that Logitech Media Server is not running first: start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 13259: No such process
    No process in pidfile '/var/run/logitechmediaserver.pid' found running; none killed.
    Starting Logitech Media Server.

Can you tell me what this means?

How can I check if it installed correctly and how would I access settings etc if it is installed correctly?

Thanks again for all your help :)