Beiträge von christophe195

Hello,

I try to boot my openmediavault machine but get's a error on the display. I did try many erro's and have a usb live version of ubuntu if needed. I have no idee what i do wrong and hou to resolve it now. It seems, every time i try something i do another thing wrong.

4000-3000-max.jpg

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hello,

I run the virtual box plugin on my openmediavault setup, yesterday i did some update's and when openmediavault this moring boots i got a error on the web interface, the username was wrong, i try to restart nginix and i got "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I had try to restart the nginix server but it dit not work. Do i need to delay update's?

What did i wrong?

Thanks for your time helping me.

Hello,

I had running a openmediavault device for 3 years and my 2TB ZFS drive is now 95% full. I want to expand the drive with 2 now (only 2 for space).

I have tried to add them with the expand button on the menu of the zfs page but do not know what version i need to take. Can someone explain this to me?
    (I have a dutch (NL) version running)

Drive 1 - 2TB - ZFS - 95%
    Drive 2 - 2TB - * - 0%
    Drive 3 - 2TB - * - 0%

Greathings Christophe VD

Hello,

I have my OMV computer next to my router, in the same space i have a home audio system. I have connect them with the audio jack and have install vlc via ssh.
    I want VLC to launch on startup with the webinterface so i can control it.

i can start vlc over ssh with the command

Code
    nvlc http://music.this/file.mp3
    • and it seems working well but i have no sound, i think i need to set the audio device in the config file of vlc.
    • I was searching for the config file but i did not find them, where is this file on openmediavault?
    • Will this installation give problems with openmediavault?

can someone point me in the right direction?

Greathings

Hello,

i update from openmediavault 2 (32 bit) to version 3 (64 bit) for the zfs, but the installer fails. I have tried with ssh and the output gets stuck. This is my output:

Can someone help me with this?

And maybe not the right moment but can i expand the zfs space with new drives over a year or something?

Greathings Christophe

yes i know,

i use ftps for the connection over a domain (so i go outside and back into the home network). The counter of mine ISP count's it.
    On this moment i test it, i have kodi on a raspberry pi in the eat-room and a portable version on mine usb stick.

the raspberry will goes over samba wen alle the tings work, the usb stick works over ftps.

Ok, tanks

everything works fine now, tank you.
    But i see wen i power on openmediavault and i try to connect to it whith kodi (mediacenter) then it works. but if i connect a time after the power on ther is a error.

ftp server time out
    can not resolve dns

can you please help me fixing this problems?

thanks for all your time you spend over mine problems.

Ok the passive range did the trick about the ssl.

But now i have 3 users with no files.

• KODI1
    • Kodi2
    • JVD

Mine user "CVD" can see and upload to the rood share "HDD_2TB_GREEN_WD". But "kodi1" and kodi2" needs acces to "[MOVIES]" and "[MEDIA_ARCHIEF]" and "JVD" only to "[MOVIES]".

Can you please give me step by step hou i must doe this? i have only made the users.

sorry, i am verry new and mine eng is not good at all.

Sorry, i have test it and it give's more troble

i can connect to kodi (xbmc) with ftp, webdav en sftp but not with ftps
    i can connect local to the ftps but wen i connect with the ftps over a domain (nas.domain.com) i get a error

i want to make:

• a place where all mine photo's with friends can be safe store

Zitat

with "smb" at home and "sftp" on the internet this works fine

• a place where mine friends can download and upload files (with ssl)
    • a place where i can store mine movie files and can open on kodi

Zitat

i can use ftp and give only read premissions and than this is no problem

Houw can i make dot 2 work?, have you bether ways than ftp/ftps?

ok tanks,

i have now a working ftps on the lan but not on the WWW.
    you must have ftps to connect, ftp does not working.

but:
    i have set port 21 open in the router but wen i trie to connect i get a "ECONNREFUSED " error in filezilla.

Can you please help me again?

Tanks, it works.

But can i use sftp with the same settings as ftp?
    Wen i log in into sftp i see all the system files and folders, but can i use it like it is ftp?
    And set off ssh for those?

Greathins, christophe

Hello,

i have one HDD on mine openmediavault setup and on that i have difrent folders

• HDD_2TB_GREEN_WD

• [SCHOOLDOC]
      • [MOVIES]
        • A
        • B
        • C
      • [MEDIA_ARCHIEF]
        • 2009-2010
        • 2010-2011
        • 2011-2012
      • [USERDIR]

I have 2 users, one that hava acces to the "HDD_2TB_GREEB_WD" and one that must hava acces to the "[MOVIES]" directory, But hou can i do this? wen i do this ther is no directory in the FTP?

Greathings
    Christophe VD