Beiträge von lqlwle

So, you would pick daily and use the same command that cron does: /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsnapshot daily The only issue I can think of that could possibly happen is that the rsnapshot daily command would execute twice if your server was on at 3:30 am.

well it is actually not that easy to read what is the exact command the cronjob does because it is quite some code in that file. Actually in cron.d is only a file named rsnapshot with a bit of code in it. I am unsure which would be the command i would need to copy.

secondly: Well lets see maybe it is possible to not activate rsnapshot over the addon-webinteraface at all or put it to 0 or sth like that, sothat it wouldnt backup twice a day.

I actually wonder that this question is not yet completely solved somewhere since it should be sth alot of people with WOL-Servers should be looking for. Also I dont understand why the plugin does not offer anacron. It would be extremly handy.

So I guess figuring that out here would help some people too.

Thanks alot in advance!

You can change the time of the cronjob for rsnapshot by editing /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot.

I know that i can change the time, but I actually do not have any forced uptime at all. So I want the backup only IF the server wakes up that day and not for a certain time. Basically what I understand what anacron does.

The anacron plugin was stopped because the anacron functionality is now integrated into scheduled tasks.

How can I then schedule the rsnapshot plugin to perform a backup a day with the scheduled tasks?

thanks in advance

Hey,

I am using rsnapshot to backup to a second disk. To my knowledge the rsnapshot-addon uses cronjobs to backup every day (if set so) at 3:00 o'Clock.
    My problem is, that my Server is configured with autoshutdown and WOL, which works great and exactly how intended. The problem with that is that the server is mostly shutdown/hibernating at 3:00 and so no backup is generated.
    For exactly that purpose there is anacron, right? The problem is, that it is not available as an Plugin anymore.

Is there a way how to realize a daily backup-routine, that would also perform a backup if the server is switched on on a different time that day?

(OMV itself uses obviously something like that for its apt-get etc... so I guess it should be possible)

Thanks in advance

Ok, also ich habe jetzt weitergesucht und habe folgendes gefunden:

Unter folgendem Link mal unter dem Punkt "anacron (für Desktops)" schauen.
    https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/rsnapshot

Ich habe jetzt mal geschaut und der Ordner "/etc/cron.daily/" exisitert schon.
    Insofern müsste diese Vorgehensweise ja auch bei OMV funktionieren.
    Meine Frage:
    Kann man die Anleitung von dem Link so direkt übernehmen?
    Und wie sähe dann die passende Konfiguration im Web-Interface von rsnapshot aus? Einfach garkeine Updates einstellen (weil offensichtlich wird im Webinterface ja nur ein normaler Cronjob erstellt, der ja von dem Anacron-Eintrag mehr oder weniger überflüssig gemacht wird)?

Grüße

Hey,

i set up an rsnapshot-action in the plugin by adding it via the "+" and defining the shares.
    I then pressed "play" the start an initial backup.

It took quite a while since the original share is about 1,7Terabyte big. Well now it seems that it finished, but the backup-share contains only 1,3Terabyte.
    How is that possible?
    Or is snapshot using links already inside of the initial backup?

I am now a bit worried, wether that backup actually is at all a full backup.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: My bad, sorry!! I had a Time-Machine-Share somewhere too, that of course is not included in the backup. So the sizes actually match. Sorry. Can be closed or sth.

Dasselbe interessiert mich auch.
    Das Plugin Anacron gibt es nicht mehr. Ich würde aber ebenfalls gerne die Backups von rsnapshot via anacron-jobs realisieren.

Wie kann man das erreichen?

das gewünschte Verhalten ist folgendes:

- Aktuell sind die rsnapshot-dailys auf 3:30 eingestellt.
    - zu der Zeit ist der Server aber zu 90% heruntergefahren

Fährt der Server nun am nächsten Tag hoch, soll er das Backup, nachholen.

Eine weiterführende Fragen hätte ich auch:
    Was passiert (sofern Anacron eingerichtet ist), wenn der Server mehrere Tage am Stück aus ist. Werden dann alle Cronjobs, sprich die Backups der letzten X Tage auf einmal nachgeholt? Oder wie wird das gehandelt?

Change the port for a higher one or disable that wake up service in the router.

Well the wake up service is necessary to wake the server up from outside, right? So my only option would be to never shut it down. My original goal was to have it "autoshutdown" and have it online at certain times and be able to wake it up when i need to.

So the other option is to use just an non-standard-port for the ftp, right?

beforehand I forgot to mention above that I...
    - set up a DNS-Service for my IP (duckdns.org).
    - set up an FTP-Server on Port 21
    - in fact I had SSH available on Port 22, but after i got a bit scared by the random wake-ups, I closed it again

I now tested to "telnet" my IP on Port 21 (port for FTP). It immediately woke up the server. So i guess whenever anyone pokes that port the Server would wake up.
    Can I somehow change that behavior?

Thanks already in advance!

Hey,

I wanted to use Autoshutdown in conjunction with wake on lan. I also wanted to make the server accessible from the web for things like owncloud etc.

I have set up "wake on lan" and checked therefor the option in my Fritzbox/router called "automatic computerstart for internet requests".
    The problem now is, that the NAS/Server wakes up randomly if the network-cable is attached.
    At the moment there is only one smb and one afp share and the computers that can access them are shut down... so i guess it has something to do with either the router/Fritzbox, or some random "pokes" from the internet?

Did I miss something, or how can I set this up without random starts?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

i am new to OMV and to the world of NAS in general.

I have one mac and one windows computer. Both are supposed to access a folder on the NAS.

My first Idea: SMB because it theoretically is supported by both.
    But it turned out that SMB is quite a bit slower on the mac than using an AFP-share for the same folder.

Is it a bad idea to use AFP and SMB shares for the same folder?

Thanks in advance