Beiträge von postfixx

Hello,

Today I noticed that while trying to play a movie through plex there was constant buffering, so I took a look at my list of processes and noticed that php5-fpm is spawning lots of processes and killing them very quickly, however this adds up to a significant amount of CPU usage which is slowing down my plex playing.

This just started today, and is new behavior, and I haven't done any configuration to my system in the last 3-4 days

Externer Inhalt gist.github.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Thanks for the tips, I was able to fix my issue by resetting the permissions.
    I think the permissions got screwed up when I mounted it to my cloud server and altered the perms there.....

Out of curiosity why should we not use ACLs?

Yea i've been using ACLs with no problem but I attempted network modifications this past weekend and ever since then my windows host is NOT happy....

I've tried using permissions in the past and wasn't able to have people browse the shares over the network.
    I did attempt to use permissions this time after having troubles with ACLs and still wasn't able to access the shares.

would I have to clear out the ACL configuration?

Hello,

I have a strange configuration issue. I have two accounts A and B, A is able to create folders/files/etc... in all the folders it has access to using ACLs. However B is unable to create folders/files/etc... in all the folders it has access to. Even if I create new users and attempt to give them write permissions to folders, they are unable to write to them.

Very strange.....

Hello,

on the weekend I attempted some network modifications at my house, and after a failed attempt I reverted back to my old setup.
    Upon trying to connect to my openmediavault shares with my windows machine, I discovered that they weren't listed in the network browser.
    I thought this might be a configuration, or network issue, however I discovered that the other computers in my house (Linux, and Mac) are able to see the network share, and connect to it.

I can still connect to it by navigating to it using \\192.168.0.26 however, that doesn't give me write permissions, only read.

Hello, I'm unable to run any updates, it appears some repos for OMV are broken....
    It was too long to post so I posted the results of "aptitude update" to gist.

Code
    https://gist.github.com/anonymous/1d91bda0de1afab3b91a

I checked /var/log/auth.log and noticed the following

<quote>
    Dec 5 19:19:38 openmediavault omv-engined[3288]: User 'admin' has been banned after 12 failed login attempts.
    Dec 5 19:19:38 openmediavault omv-engined[3288]: pam_tally2(openmediavault:auth): conversation failed
    Dec 5 19:19:40 openmediavault openmediavault-webgui[3287]: Unauthorized login attempt from ::ffff:192.168.0.12 [username=admin, user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.86 Safari/537.36]
    <quote>

Which seems strange, seeing as how I 've reset my password, entered it in cleartext and now for a fact tha

Just wondering how one would go about creating plugins for OMV?
    I'm working on scripting a SQUID proxy install using docker, and once I get it working I would love to contribute it to the community.