Beiträge von postfixx

Interesting... I was suspecting that some plugins were not uninstalling all the dependencies they had installed.
    I would like to that but unfortunately I do not have the hardware to run more than my real NAS.

Well for one thing you can not do without php as it's a core OMV package. What made you think php was superfluous?

apt-get autoremove

will remove packages that were pulled in as dependencies if they are no longer needed.

There was a php MySQL plugin, which as far as I can tell isn't being used by OMV.
    I've tried using autoremove and it does not work for certain packages, such as the VirtualBox plugin.

I've been experimenting with my OMV box, trying out different plugins, etc.....
    However upon uninstalling said plugins, OMV will often leave behind unused packages, such as PHP MySQL, MySQL, etc.. and I'm finding myself unable to figure out a way to uninstall these packages. I want to bring my OMV box online and connect it to the public Internet, but having these unused packages around feels unsafe as it increases the possible attack surface.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips to go around doing this, I'd rather not do it manually, searching through each package figuring out if its used and if not removing it, but if that's the only way at this point so be it.

Thanks all.

Just tried installing ownCloud plugin, however when I attempt to access the owncloud webpage I get the following error:
    "Your web server is not yet properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken.Please double check the installation guides."

Not quite sure what to do, I read another thread which said to disable webdav checks which I believe I did and even after a reboot, the problem still remained.