Posts by 7ore

Thanks.

Yes it is probably about time to do that.

I am a bit hesitant as it usually goes sideways, giving me a lot of problems before it is up and running again.

But if I go to 6 now, that might give me peace for a couple of more years to come...

Thanks. I normally use 1.1.1.1 as DNS and that usually is a stable dns.
    Switched to Google dns and get the same issue (but Google work)

It might be as simple as registry-1.docker.io being down currently.
    I tried from two remote servers I have with the same issue.

So I suspect I just have to wait it out...

My docker containers are running but tab "Docker images repo" is empty and when I try to pull a new image I get.

And when I check the logs I can see that dockerd have issues:

Code
    dockerd[1342]: time="2022-06-17T12:30:49.847154455+02:00" level=warning msg="Error getting v2 registry: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:48982->[::1]:53: read: connection refused"
    dockerd[1342]: time="2022-06-17T12:30:49.848723952+02:00" level=info msg="Attempting next endpoint for pull after error: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:48982->[::1]:53: read: connection refused"
    dockerd[1342]: time="2022-06-17T12:30:49.849600480+02:00" level=error msg="Handler for POST /v1.40/images/create returned error: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:48982->[::1]:53: read: connection refused"

Have there been a change in docker? I checked if there was a new plugin update, but found none.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

I have learned a number of things on my old environment as I made made a number of errors on the way.
    The old system do work, but there are issues with it, so when I now plan to upgrade to 4.0, I want to do a clean install on a new SSD HD.
    I plan to recreate most of the settings I've used in the old system but without the bad choices.

So I would like to use the old config files as a template and lookup when I configure the new environment.

What files should I do a backup of to be able to do this?
    openmediavault/config.xml is the first that comes to mind for the main system. But is that enough for OMV?

There are a couple of plugins I need to backup too, but my main concern is for OMV.
    I plan to move the current HD to another computer during the installation, but as that one lacks the actual hard drives, I am not sure how helpful that will be.

Side question; By the way, would it be useful to run OMV as a docker image?

I would like to configure nginx to be able to reach all services without adding a port to the IP-number.
    Instead I would like to have it like "192.168.1.196/service1" and have the nginx to reroute that to the port in question.

I tried to add this in the /etc/nginx/sites-available/default :

location /sab {
    proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8080/;
    }

But it only gives me a 404.

So I suspect I need to change more things or I configured the wrong file.

The system do work but I cant really change things as this exception prevents pages to load properly, Like "File Systems".

I can see that there are items /etc/openmediavault/config.xml under fstab that is missing from /etc/fstab.

But as I accidentaly removed OMV and succeeded to reinstate it, I had presumed it to be the other way around. That things would be gone from omv setting but in place for fstab...

For instance this section is from config.xml but no UUID starts with "fd9" is fstab.

Code
    <mntent>
            <uuid>fd900769-c5d8-447d-b1c1-d803216edaa0</uuid>
            <fsname>c95301c0-9790-48c6-ab1f-17da8e3c3538</fsname>
            <dir>/media/c95301c0-9790-48c6-ab1f-17da8e3c3538</dir>
            <type>cifs</type>
            <opts></opts>
            <freq>0</freq>
            <passno>0</passno>
            <hidden>1</hidden>
          </mntent>

What steps should I do to realign my system so that everything works as expected again?
    Any specific config files I can add that would help the troubleshooting or logs?

On the File system page I get this exception:
    Error #0:exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'No filesystem backend exists for 'cifs'.' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:390Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->getList(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

I get the error below when I visit a couple of services.

I guess there is some settings thats got lost during the last week, when I have had problems during the upgrade.

This time it came when I opened the nginx service in the GUI. But I get this from other as well.

Code
    No filesystem backend exists for type 'cifs'.
    Error #0:
    OMV\AssertException: No filesystem backend exists for type 'cifs'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/manager.inc:103
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(147): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Manager->assertBackendExistsByType('cifs')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->enumerateSharedFolders(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateShared...', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'enumerateShared...', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Not sure what info to post here that will give the correct info to get me to the next step.

This is what I get now when I try to reinstall openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb

And I think it all started when I used this: apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get -f upgrade
    and selected "yes" to add new versions when asked. Probably should have answered "no".

And it all started when I tried to update in the GUI and got this update log (made the previous message too long so I post is as a new post)
    And as an addendum, when I post these, I often get the error below and it results in double posts:

The server encountered an unresolvable problem, please try again later.
    Exception ID: bee3348b8b71aae7dfa4b70e4d8736c81e50ff11

I did an update to 3.0.85 (from another 3.0) and all services seems to work fine.
    But I can't login to the GUI on port 80. I get an nginx 403 fobidden.

And omv-firstaid in putty gave me this:
    -bash: omv-firstaid: command not found

How do I best figure out what went south to fix this?

I have the OMV running from an old WD 250Gb black sata disk and I have received alarms regularly that it is too hot (over +55° C).

That is not extreme but I dont like it in the long run. Especially as the other disks stays below 40° C...)

So I cloned the disk and started up the system with the cloned disk and I get errors.
    First there is no network interface.

And below that I get this error:
    "CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
    CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -101"

And a couple of more lines like that.

I suspect that I need to use omv-firstaid but I am not sure if I should do something else first.
    And for that matter what tools I need to use.
    "Configure network interface" seems like a nobrainer, as that probably will solve the network inteface (i hope).
    But I am not sure that'l fix the cifs errors.

I have switched back to use the old drive for the time being.

I had a power outage and I tried various ways to get it back up and running.
    One way was to uninstall the plugin and then reinstall it again.

I thought that my configuration would be kept as is.
    But there is nothing left in the /home/sabnzbd folder.

Have I deleted all my settings and history, or am I looking in the wrong location?
    That would be a pity as the history have proved to be useful more than once.

OK, docker solved. Uninstalled it and renamed the /var/lib/docker and installed again.
    Then I had to disable the plugin, make sure the service was turned off and then enable Docker again.
    Now it works, although my containers is gone. But that is not a big problem.

Completely different problem. When I posted the above, I got this message from OMV forum:

Fatal error: An error occured. Sorry.
    Information:

ID: f98ccb67209bf0998708376facbcab0d6eaf71cd
    Please send the ID above to the site administrator.
    The error message can be looked up at “ACP » Logs » Errors”.

But when I logged back in here from another browser, it had been posted OK.

I had a brief power outage yesterday (No, I have no UPS yet...) and when the power was back on, Docker, Sabnzbd and Sickbeard services fails to start.
    I tried to uninstall and install them again, but that does not help.

This is the exception I get when I try to start Sabnzbd:

And when I try io reinstall Docker I get this error:

How can I do a cleanup so I can reinstall these plugins? I suspect that Sickrage have the same issue, so I start with these two.

"Note:* A while back I installed some things to python, which means I have both Python 2.7 and 3.4 installed. I have not restarted OMV since that upgrade. Could that be an issue?

I have installed Couchpotato as a docker Container and it seems to be working fine - except for one thing.

If I open settings and test the connection with Sabnzbd (an OMV plugin), I get a "Connection Successful".
    But when CP tries to initiate a download, nothing happens.
    On the other hand, CP finds the downloaded items (that I triggered manually) so it works partially.

Another thing, is there a way to change the font color in logs, details etc?
    It is light gray on white background and it feels like trying to read text in a thick fog...
    I usually copy the text to an editor, but it would be nice to be able to read the text directly. :/

If I delete my RAID on raid management tab, the file system "ru" is removed as well.
    But as soon as I create a new raid with these discs, "ru" reappears.
    I tried to unmount and deactivate with
    umount -l /dev/md0
    mdadm --stop --force /dev/md0

And then format the disks. And when I create a new raid the filesystem reappears again...