Beiträge von onezero1010101

I went ahead and rebooted, and it does look like that has solved the issue with the sharedfolders in OMV gui. BUT, it looks like /sharedfolders is still being mounted in the shell. I tried to apply it again, and am doing another reboot. I have no problems with getting rid of /sharedfolders, I am using the /srv/ paths anyway. Any suggestion on how to go ahead and get it gone?

Odd, wonder how old the plugin was, since this is a fairly recent install. Not sure if it mattered, but I did a clean Debian 10 install, then installed OMV5 over top, since I wanted to build a raid6 array for the OS. The mergerfs pool was just added this weekend as I moved the two raid6 arrays for my mass storage from my old server. I had everything updated prior to that as well.

I will do a reboot after while when I can take the server down. I appreciate you looking into it, and will let you know if it still gives me a problem.

No problem, like I said, I'm going to work around it and work on not needing nfs. But if this will still be an issue with smb, it will complicate things a bit more and require me to use sshfs to map my share to windows, still not impossible. Just let me know if you need anything else from me. I am running docker, but I am mapping to the /srv/ path, and doing bind mounts to the OS fs.

Seems my codeblock is to long to post /proc/mounts, so here is a paste of it.
    https://hastebin.com/efafemelat.cs

Using the sharerootfs plugin, correct?

I'm going to guess yes, I do have the sharerootfs plugin installed, I used the Shared Folders option on the left menu to add the local path as a shared folder, so I could use it elsewhere.

I disabled the shared folders as you indicated. That ran with 10 succeded, and 5 changed. It did show this error at the initial of the run, but don't see it hurt any.

Python
    root@Storage01:~/docker/content# omv-salt deploy run systemd
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/file.py:32: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working
      from collections import Iterable, Mapping, namedtuple

Although, now the error changed to /export/tank

Here's the error I'm getting. First, I created a localtank shared folder in omv, which pointed to /opt/localtank local OS disk folder, no mergerfs or anything. It worked fine. Problem only started, after adding my 2 raid arrays, then mergerfs'ed them into "tank" which mounts to /srv/f06162aa-d865-4946-ac7b-d0861649afe6/. That seemed to be fine, then I added that mergerfs to a sharedfolder, so I could setup an nfs share. Then things seem to have went downhill.

I am working on moving my stuff that accesses the nfs, to local omv sever, so I can attempt to remove the nfs share. I can confirm that /sharedfolders/tank does not exist in /etc/fstab, but it does exist in /proc/mounts.

Code
    root@Storage01:~/docker/content# cat /proc/mounts | grep 2:1
    2:1 /sharedfolders/tank fuse.mergerfs rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    2:1 /export/tank fuse.mergerfs rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
    2:1 /srv/f06162aa-d865-4946-ac7b-d0861649afe6 fuse.mergerfs rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

I am experiencing the same issue on a fresh OMV 5 system. I've not restarted yet to see if the issue fixes itself after a reboot, but wanted to pass on my package versions. What version of unionfilesystem plugin was this fixed in? I just updated to most current available in apt.

I only have the extra's repo enabled, is your fix in the testing only by chance?

Tried updating my repo's to testing, community updates, and pre-release, and no new updates are available. Also worthy to notice, I do not actually even have a /sharedfolders/tank (which is what my error is) in /etc/fstab. That is only mounted to a /srv/uuid number, is that my issue?

Code
    root@Storage01:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  omvextras-unionbackend           5.0.2                               all          union filesystems backend plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault                   5.3.5-1                             all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup            5.1                                 all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-keyring           1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg      5.2.5                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-resetperms        5.0                                 all          Reset Permissions
    ii  openmediavault-sharerootfs       5.0.2-1                             all          openmediavault share root filesystem plugin
    ii  openmediavault-unionfilesystems  5.1                                 all          Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/swr5         /srv/dev-disk-by-label-swr5     ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl    0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/pool1                /srv/dev-disk-by-label-pool1    ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl    0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/pool2                /srv/dev-disk-by-label-pool2    ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl    0 2
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-pool2:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-pool1               /srv/f06162aa-d865-4946-ac7b-d0861649afe6       fuse.mergerfs   defaults,allow_other,cache.files=off,use_ino,category.create=eplfs,minfreespace=25G       0 0
    /opt/localtank/         /export/localtank       none    bind,nofail     0 0
    /srv/f06162aa-d865-4946-ac7b-d0861649afe6/              /export/tank    none    bind,nofail     0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]

I have built a new VM with version 3.0.47 of OMV installed, which I have got everything updated. Installed Sonarr, transmission and nzbget, which are all working fine. Also have installed remoteshares, which is using an NFS share from my Freenas VM for storage array. Everything there is working fine. But now I am trying to install the Couchpotato package, but am getting the following error about dependencies. I attempted to install the python-openssl dependency, but that leads to a whole pool of others. Apt-get install -f does not work either.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-couchpotato : Depends: python-openssl but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

So I am attempting to do a fresh install of OMV in a VM, I first installed omv 2 fresh then did the os updates to 2.2.8. Installed latest omv-extras, and attempted to install Sabnzbd 1.0.9. It errored and will not install. Tried installing 1.0.5 from the stable repo, failed as well. Reinstalled dozen times, not installing os updates first, installing 1.0.5 first only, all same result. So I installed latest 3.x omv, then installed extras, and now it is failing to install as well.... Is there something I am missing here? I have Omv 2.2.7 currently running on my baremetal server at home, with no issues, it has upgraded anytime its available with no issues. Why is this fresh install broken? Any suggestions?

I done that awhile back, trying to solve the issues... just forgot to mention it ;) Side question, I currently have 3 drives in the pool, which are mostly full, is there a way to re-balance or spread the data across the drives when adding new drive to the pool, or would you just let it put everything on the new.

I have been having alot of problems with the "Transport Endpoint Not Connected" error, which revolves around mhddfs, and the other fuse filesystems. I have found that there are bugs in the version of fuse and libfuse2 packages that are included in debian wheezy, but they are corrected in the version in jessie. I know that upgrading 2.2.4 to jessie is not supported, but has anyone had experience in just upgrading the dependencies for fuse? I am working on doing it in a VM, but was curious if this road has already been traveled. Thanks