Beiträge von anotherone

I may seem a little frustrated I had to reinstall your os about 7 times. The first time i put the latest version on. But could not get any of the plugins to work I needed. Then I noticed the plugins were version 1 so thought I needed os version 1. So I reinstalled version 1 os. after this I get a message saying version 1 plugins do not work on version 1 os but I noticed some way to upload them from windows to it. which seemed kind of silly. So I reinstall version 2 and upload the plugins. Finally I can try to put my files in I put in plugin for union file systems add some drives. but I had some files that had 770 permission and -adfaf file-names before all my files were in the root but your system seem to want them in a sub folder.
    I try all sort of things i set the user to have permission to do any thing i set every permission i can see everywhere to root nothing will let me delete or change the permissions on files.
    But i cannot move them so I have to boot some other os to delete the bad folders and files and change security as i cannot on yours. oh now i have to reinstall the os again as i have no idea what all i screwed up messing with permissions.
    Finally I get subfolders made and all the files in.
    I get the unionfilesystem installed and link a few drives. oh but I notice I need to unlink them but the file-system complains it will not let me have a link with no drives and I cannot delete it. I manage to get point it some some unused drive and make a corrected link but now cannot delete the bad one.
    So here I go reinstalling the os again to get rid of this link as I don't see any other way. Could you go to some computer club and have people install your os and watch how horrible it is to get running.

The reason I use the union file system is this is for home use as a media server I need the noise and heat to be at a minimum. Raids make to much heat and noise. I just has a ssd raid fail on windows after they sent out a driver update so im loosing intrest in raids. I try to keep only a few drives running at a time, I have nearly 30 drives in the system. This has been running for me for nearly 10 years. It is more of a temporary storage to view than a archive so if files get lost I just add new ones no need for a raid. I use this on various os windows Ubuntu mint flawless. I liked flawless until his site fell in disarray and spammers seem to take it over. I have removed that os. Your os looked good till I got it installed then it has to much security if you want to call it that, it prevents me from using it. I cannot find much documentation that tells much more than how to install the os and get a plugin installed.
    I like the idea of your os but the way it is if anything happens the only choice seems to be reinstall. I'm not a linux wiz kid and don't want to be. I want to turn it on and be able to see my files add more files and edit the files there. Not spend all day fiddling with links and permissions.

Every time I open the log in screen chrome try's to put my name the login box. This is the only program I have seen this happening. I think you need change the wording or field names on that screen.

These bloody horrible captcha are hard to read and most of the time if I can read them still fail. What is with this selection no selection button on top. Every message I have to fiddle around with them they only work in one position so why are they even there get rid of them. They just make us have to type that lame captcua over and over. I like to put a Captcha on every programers keyboard, refrigerator, chair, potty and bed so they have to type Captcha every time they want to use these devices.

omv2 as a selection when i have 2.1 what use is collecting bad data might as well have a empty field and just have us type it in that be less confusing.

try 1 captula failed

now on try 2

lol it is funny, but I have never used a symlink in linux before. I tried it in windows but later deleted the link and wiped my data also doing it. I do not like to use them. I want my data were it shows up on the directory. No smoke and mirrors. I'm now making a web server to share stuff to hundreds of users this is just a private media server for connecting to 1 tv. Why if symlinks are needed so much are they in some obscure downloader plugin and not part of the main os that is like pond with no fish fishermen run up on the hill and grab the downloader plugin and somewhere you will find the fish.

Can you at least put the label next to the uuid it is such a hastle opening up a partition manager and clicking thru list of dozen drives trying to find what uuid is what drive. When i use programs like sabnzbd i need to point them to the download drive but do not know where it is. I open media folder and just see lots of uuid I want the mounts to show somewere so I can set the paths to point to them. It be handy to just make my download drive be the home folder if I could change the mount point.

I really wanted to get this working but it will take me months to figure out and the response on this foum not good. I am going to go back to regular Linux till you get this working better.

You system seems to be well adapted for one large drive but for us that run many volumes it is just a pain.

I made 3 mdffs drives I look in media and most other folders and do not see them. I created samba shares to them and in samba also pointed the share. I cannot see the samba shares from sickrage. Were are they hiding ? sickrage needs to point to the tvshows drive but it is not were I can find it.

The drives have .trash-1000 folder on them with 700 permission. I do not see a way to change the permission. I installed ext explorer and permission is grey out. there does not seem to be a terminal I tried setting all users to be able to access everything and members of every group still cannot delete it. I set samba to root admin and other no luck.

Why is there no way to change permissions on a mounted mhdffs drive group. Hope there is a way I was using flawless that nas is dead it seems