Beiträge von OzanMakinaci

Can confirm that what jatal said is correct. Create the plist file, delete the old backup and when time machines starts the backup it will recognize the correct quota. You will have a large and time consuming initial backup again though.

I am trying to install a preview version on my OMV 2 installation. Am I correct to assume that this is the correct process:

• Backup init.d script
    • Download the preview .deb package file
    • Install the package
    • Restore the init.d script

What I am specifically trying to figure out is if the difference between the Plex Ubuntu package and Yakumo's package is JUST the startup/control methods/scripts (ignoring that the Ubuntu package may have some extra stuff relevant to systemd that will also be installed but irrelevant on my Debian Wheezy server).

Did backports again and it seems like the only problem was that the data disks will not auto-mount anymore. When I do a "mount -a" the only message is from FUSE about a non-empty mount point but then file systems do end up mounting.

Any ideas, how to fix that?

Tried that but not sure if I did something wrong or not. As soon as I did the backports kernel a bunch of stuff stopped working. I'l try looking for guides on it and see if I missed something and went for too much.

Thanks, any idea when calibre and headphones will be ported?

RE Data Disks... very much possible... I just hadn't thought it through completely out of laziness. On first thought, OMV sees the new disks with different UUID so there is some re-jigging that is needed. Unless there's a way to change/map that (I am not overly familiar with Debian).

To be honest though, the main driver for upgrading is simply to get past the issue with MergerFS (the underlying FUSE Library) crashing and disconnecting the filesystem. The answer seems to be to upgrade libfuse but then it requires libc to be upgraded and then that requires more etc. and at that point my comfort level of doing non-recommended things with the system gets too high (it's simpler to just schedule a nightly reboot).

Going to try OMV 2 to 3 upgrade. Will take a clonezilla image beforehand. VM route is too problematic since i can't re-create the data disks and so all the plugins don't work. here's the output of my installed packages, please advise if any are NOT OMV 3 ready. Thank you!

ii openmediavault 2.2.9 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 1.0.11 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-calibre 1.1 all Calibre plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-couchpotato 1.0.3 all OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
    ii openmediavault-headphones 1.0.2 all OpenMediaVault Headphones plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.4 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2.13.2 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-sickbeard 1.0.10 all OpenMediaVault Sick Beard plugin
    ii openmediavault-snapraid 1.5 all snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 1.4 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    ii openmediavault-unionfilesystems 2.3 all Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.

So in the end, I just used symbolic links to get the result I needed. I'll post here for other people's benefit should they wish to do that same or have the same scenario.

Background:

I have an SSD as my install drive and it is not very large (nor is it protected effectively in terms of backup). I want to have all my app data in the storage pool.

service couchpotato stop
    mv /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato <NEW_LOCATION_OF_DATA_DIR>
    ln -s <NEW_LOCATION_OF_DATA_DIR> /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato
    service couchpotato start

Overall, this gets me the result i want and Couchpotato seems to work fine so far. Only drawback is that the CP Backup function in the OMV WebGUI seems to be hardcoded to having the settings dir @ /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato also. When you do this, the Backup button just backs up the symbolic link instead of the files. However for me this is ok since the files now reside in a protected storage pool and if my install disk died I would ACTUALLY just want the symbolic link restored anyway.

I figured out that the service is being start with the --data-dir parameter being passed in. Problem is it is being passed in as /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato which means the setting in the couchpotato settings.conf for data dir is being ignored.

Is there any way to modify how the script starts the service?

I've been searching all over the net and the forum... sorry if I missed but how the heck do I move the data dir that couchpotato uses? There is a field for it in the Advanced settings but it does not seem to listen to it and instead it keeps using the /home/couchpotato/.couchpotato directory.

@subzero79
    XXXXXXXXXX:~# apt-cache policy mergerfs openmediavault-unionfilesystems
    mergerfs:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 2.12.3~debian-wheezy
    Version table:
    2.12.3~debian-wheezy 0
    995 http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ stoneburner/main amd64 Packages
    openmediavault-unionfilesystems:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 2.3
    Version table:
    2.3 0
    995 http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ stoneburner/main amd64 Packages

-----

@ryecoaaron
    I just tried to install unionfilesystems again in order to paste the error for you and it worked this time. I didn't reboot the machine or anything. Not sure if the REPO was changed or anything but my problem has now disappeared. Thank you both for your help! Much appreciated and thanks for all your hard work on OMV... definitely the best NAS solution out there in my opinion!

Hi All,

I installed OMV on a Mac Mini by following the instructions I found on this forum. I installed 7.9 wheezy and then added the OMV install on top of that following this guide:
    Howto install OpenMediaVault on Debian 7.x (Wheezy)

Once that was done, I tried to install SnapRAID plugin and was getting an error. I updated my sources.list file as per this guide:
    Problems with sources.list?

SnapRAID installed but now when I try to install unionfilesystems I see an error. I used SSH and aptitude -f install openmediavault-unionfilesystems to get more details and here's what I see:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    mergerfs : Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14) but 2.13-38+deb7u10 is installed.
    Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 4.9) but 4.7.2-5 is installed.

Not sure what to do from here. I don't want to try updating libc6 without good knowledge since it is a core part.

Let me know if you need anything else and thanks in advance for your help!!

One option I tried was to install the GUI on another computer and then point it to the library folder using SMB. However I received ab error about read only database which makes sense since the config and metadata.db files are owned by calibre with group users but the permissions are set as 755.

My SMB user is part of users so in theory I should be able to CHMOD them to 775 and it should solve that problem. However I don't know what permissions will be set for new books created via the Windows GUI client writing to the SMB share.

I will get a chance to test this out this weekend and report back hopefully.

Hi all,

Very very new to OMV and am reading a lot but I can't find info (apologies if I missed it) how the install disk is used. I have a bunch of WD Reds for RAID and storage and then I have a WD Blue 160GB that I want to use for the OS. Are plugins, programs and essentially everything related to the system and its running stored on this? Ideally I would like to have all program and OS files on this 160GB drive and then all the data (mainly media, photos, backups etc.) to be stored on the RAID array.

Thanks!