Beiträge von junias

what´s about TVHeadend as PVR backend for the HD-Homerun?
    It has native HD Homerun support and you can install it on omv!

You can stream TV to any browser & schedule programs, there are apps for smartphones, integrated transcoding and one of the best pvr addons for kodi...

mh, ok, i will take a look ;)
    i think, i will use Raid 5, SnapRaid or flexRaid...
    But at this point i think, Raid 5 fits my needs as best, cause the implementation and administration is not difficult und at the time i have a raid5 in my synology an it´s ok...
    i will do weekly bakcups, then i think it´s ok...

another question:
    if i would use esxi, i would install esxi on a usb-stick. the vm´s has to be installed on an hdd/ssd, then i would have 5 disks for my data. that´s ok.
    But i want to use VT-D passtrough to give the controller to the omv-vm. but on the controller, there is already the vm-ssd, so i think i can´t passthrough the complete controller to the vm, right? How do in handle this problem?

mh, well, i think raid 6 is bad for me, cause then i loose too many space (2 of 4 drives....)
    i tought about that:
    - two drives redundancy only for documents... the documents folder is something about 100/200gb, so i will not loose to much free space
    - one drive redundancy for all other data (videos, music, backups, picuters)... this folder (data) will be something about 3-4 tb, so there i want only a one drive redundancy to not loose to much space...

i don´t know if this is possible... with a standard raid i think it isn´t possible, right?
    maybe someone knows something about this ;)
    but maybe my suggestions are a little... complicated :D

then i just will use snap raid/raid with one drive redundancy...
    but what will be the better one? snap raid/raid/flex raid/zfs...?

oh shit, i´ve just forgotten to write in english... how bad :D
    i´m sry... here´s the translation :D

"
    thanks, looks well ;)
    think i will give ovm a try ;)

another short question:
    i´ll have 3 drives a 4tb

and i would like to do the following:
    - shared folder for data, with "normal" security/redundancy (raid 5)
    - shared folder for documents (ownCloud-foolder), with double security/redundancy --> two of the three disks can get broken

Is that possible? In Windows Server it´s possible during Storage Pools and Storage spaces, but it´s possible in omv?

And, what for a RAID do you recommend? "Normal" Raid or SnapRaid / unRaid / flexRaid?
    For me it´s important to have a high availibility/security and to expand the raid with more drives easily ;)
    "

Thank you!

*Shame*

ok, das sieht ja gut aus :)
    dann werd ich das vermutlich einfach mal ausprobieren ;)

kurze andere Frage:
    Ich werde 3 4TB Festplatten haben.
    Ich würde eigentlich folgendes gerne haben:
    - Freigabe für Daten, mit einfacher Sicherung
    - Freigabe für Dokumente (ownCloud-Verzeichnis), mit doppelter Sicherung
    Geht das überhaupt? In Windows wäre das möglich mit Storage Pools und Storage Spaces, geht das auch in OMV?

Und, welches RAID-System wäre sinnvoll? "Normales" Raid oder SnapRaid?
    Was mir einigermaßen wichtig wäre ist, dass ich nachträglich noch zusätzliche Platten zum Raid hinzufügen kann (ohne zu viel Aufwand)...

mh, ok...
    does anyone knows how to enable it...?? ;)
    an another thing: can anyone tell me, that it´s working ? ;)

i would be really pleased if anyone can tell, cause before i will install omv i want to be sure that this setup will work ;)

ok, thanks ;)
    it´s ok, seems to be not to difficult/inconvenient to update plugins ;)

virtualisation: there is nothing about VT-d... there´s just VT-x, but not VT-d (pcie passthrough)...
    Can anyone tell, if the virtualbox plugin suports pcie passthrough (vt-d)?

Hey there ;)

I´m planning to replace my htpc with windows 7 and "DVB-Viewer Recording Service" (TV-Server) and my Synology DS411 with an new Home Server / HTPC.
    The Hardware is the following:

- CPU Intel Core i5 4460 / Xeon v3
    - Asrock E3C226D2I
    - 8gb RAM
    - USB Stick for OMV
    - PCIe TV-Card (Skystar S952 v3)
    - 3*4 TB for Data (Raid 5 in OMV)

- OMV
    - Virtual Box-Plugin with Windows 10 as Guest
    - Plex-Plugin
    - ownCloud-Plugin

As i want to use the DVB-Viewer Recording Service, wich is just running on Windows, i have to use Windows as a guest System on OMV.
    My plan is to:
    - Install OMV on USB Stick
    - Create a Raid 5 over the 3 Hard Drives
    - Install Virtual Box Plugin
    - in virtual Box install Windows 10 Pro with DVB Viewer Recording Service

The Virtual Machine (Windows 10) of course needs to get access to the TV-Card, so my question is:
    Can i use VT-d (PCIe Passthrough) in the virutalBox Plugin? My hardware supports it, but does the plugin support it?? It would be very nice, if it supports, cause then i could solve all my problems :D

Another quick question: The plugins (ownCloud, Plex), do they update themselves, so automatically?

So, thanks for the help!!!

Junias